Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX58-UD4P BIOS issues

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me here. I've been on F2 BIOS since the day I bought my motherboard but today I decided (probably stupidly so) to update to F13. Since then the board has had issues detecting all my RAM. On F2 I had no issues, the board always detected my 12GB RAM and so did Windows.

I flashed F13 and the board would only detect 4GB RAM, Windows detected 12GB but only 4GB was usable, the rest was Hardware Reserved. I decided to try F3, flashed successfully but still having issues. BIOS is now detecting 8GB RAM and so is Windows - no sign of the other 4GB. I can't see it being a RAM issue as I had no issues before upgrading and the memory has never been out of the board since I assembled the computer.

I've been looking for the F2 BIOS but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've no idea why I'm suddenly facing issues and not sure how to sort them. Odd thing is, I dual boot Windows 8.1 and OSX 10.10.1 and regardless of what BIOS says, OSX always sees the full 12GB.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here or does anyone have/can point me in the direction of F2 BIOS?

Thanks in advance

Re: GA-EX58-UD4P BIOS issues

What is your backup BIOS version?

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm not too sure what version my backup is, I tried initiating the auto bios recovery using the power technique but I just can't do it.

EDIT: I got into the Backup Bios and it looks like it's flashed the backup to F13 too. Not sure how or why, but i've completely lost F2.

Does anyone know anywhere i can get a copy of F2 from? I can only find F3 and that won't show my full 12GB Ram
      Last edited by brownie2k; 02-01-2015, 07:25 AM.

Comment

I've tried F3 through F7 BIOS, but none of them are sorting my issues.

No matter what i try, BIOS Is showing me having either 4GB or 8GB of RAM installed. I'm currently on F6 and it's showing 8GB of RAM installed, but cpuz shows all the modules, and windows reports 12GB RAM installed (8GB Usable). Also, on F2 BIOS, i could comfortably OC to 3.8GHz with rock solid stability. Since upgrading the BIOS, i can't even get stability on 3.3GHz OC.

Is there anyone who may have a copy/backup of F2 that they'd be able to share?

Comment

Originally posted by brownie2k View Post
          EDIT: I got into the Backup Bios and it looks like it's flashed the backup to F13 too. Not sure how or why, but i've completely lost F2.
          I think that it is possible that flash will force flash on the backup too so it might have happened the first time you flashed, you should have seen it if it did.

Have you tried adding QPI voltage? I think that what is usually needed with a lot of RAM/OC, not sure if and how much is safe.

Comment

Yes, i've added QPI voltage, managed to get it to boot at 3.2GHz, but anything above that, it refuses to POST and resorts back to stock settings. Even still, it only shows 8GB RAM in the BIOS, even when OC'ed.

I'm hoping i'll be able to get hold of a copy of F2, flash that, and then overwrite my backup bios with it, so i'll always have a copy available

Comment

Yes, i've added QPI voltage, managed to get it to boot at 3.2GHz, but anything above that, it refuses to POST and resorts back to stock settings. Even still, it only shows 8GB RAM in the BIOS, even when OC'ed.
              I meant without OC just to see if you can get all 12GB usable.
              How high is QPI/Vtt?

Comment

I raised QPI/Vtt to about 1.26 or so (can't remember exact number, as i'm not at the computer atm). It booted up, but still only showing 12GB RAM installed (8GB Usable).

resmon showing 4096MB Hardware reserved.

Comment

I raised QPI/Vtt to about 1.26 or so (can't remember exact number, as i'm not at the computer atm). It booted up, but still only showing 12GB RAM installed (8GB Usable).

resmon showing 4096MB Hardware reserved.
                  Try some more QPI/Vtt.
                  What RAM model is it, how is it populated, and what is actual RAM voltage?

Comment

Working...
                  X