No announcement yet.

ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ Ultra Fast Boot Not Working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ Ultra Fast Boot Not Working?

Hey guys,

I just got this motherboard back in Sept. 2014 and at the time i was running 2 GTX 560's in SLI and when i selected the ultra fast option in bios it told me my video cards did not support Ultra. So with taxes i got the EVGA GTX980 sc slapped it in and was super excited to try the Ultra Fast Boot in bios. after booting normal installing all drivers, benchmarking, testing ect. i tried the ultra setting, it loads to the windows loading screen and just hangs. i have tried drivers, updating, re installing, nothing has worked yet. any ideas?

Re: ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ Ultra Fast Boot Not Working?

There's more to using the Ultra Fast setting than just having a GOP compatible video source, as you do now. The error message you saw and the description of Fast Boot in the BIOS does not describe everything that must be done to use the Ultra Fast setting.

Your Windows 8 installation must be done in a certain way that will enable "UEFI booting". It causes Windows to use the EFI boot loader instead of the standard legacy boot loader.

You must also disable the CSM option in the BIOS, which is enabled by default.

A guide for creating a UEFI booting Windows 8 installation media and using it for a UEFI booting installation can be found here:

UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

Comment

Working...
    X