Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock h87 fatality performance sound problem

Hi everyone

Ive been having some sound freezes sice i bought my new rig, every so often sound freezes and repeats itself with last 3 seconds of whatever was playing in the background so it happens anywhere from games to system itself. Even if i close everything the sound is still there, only reebooting fixes this annoyng thing. It happens randomly so nothing specific here. Any thoughts? Bios is updated to the newest one and sound drivers are the latest ones from asrock page. Thanks in advance.

Re: Asrock h87 fatality performance sound problem

Dear Edekzkrainykredek,

Sound freeze symptom may occur from many different reason.
    Regarding of your information, we provide below suggestion for verify:
    (1)Please re-install sound driver from Asrock website:
    ASRock > Fatal1ty H87 Performance
    (2)Test on other sound playback device for try.
    (3)Remove other device and test system with basic device environment for verify.
    (4)Test on a clean OS for verify.
    (5)Change other new HDD for verify.

If problem still remains, please check is only sound freeze or symptom contain with entire system and provide us your system configuration.
    If any question please feel free to contact us.

ASRock TSD
    Eddy.
    Last edited by ASRock TSD-Eddy; 03-17-2015, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
      Dear Edekzkrainykredek,

Sound freeze symptom may occur from many different reason.
      Regarding of your information, we provide below suggestion for verify:
      (1)Please re-install sound driver from Asrock website:
      ASRock > Fatal1ty H87 Performance
      (2)Test on other sound playback device for try.
      (3)Remove other device and test system with basic device environment for verify.
      (4)Test on a clean OS for verify.
      (5)Change other new HDD for verify.

If problem still remains, please check is only sound freeze or symptom contain with entire system and provide us your system configuration.
      If any question please feel free to contact us.

ASRock TSD
      Eddy.
      I have acctualy managed to get a replacement board from amazon (same one) and i still have the same issue.I did reinstall the drivers from asrock webpage and update all the drivers that are present in asrock webpage. My bios is already update to the newest one out there. I have tested the sound on movies (vlc, windows media player and winamp) different games and youtube but still same issue. I have used different mouse and keyboard. Nothing else is plugged in to the board. I use home theather via 3.5 mm jack. I have fresh install of windows and still the same. Im running out of ideas.

My spec:
      Intel xeon 1230 V3
      2x4gb ripjaws 2133 ram
      radeon r290 tri-x 4gb gpu
      evga 750watt psu
      intel 530 128gb ssd
      sandisk ultra II 128gb ssd

Comment

Try editing your Windows Power Plan, Advanced options. Set Hard disk, Turn off hard disk after, to Never, or a longer number of minutes.

If the timing is by chance wrong, the temporary file used for the music may not be updated in time, things go out of sync, and you get a problem.

It's not the board being defective that's the problem. But newer Intel chipsets like the H87 can have latency issues with audio streams. That can be difficult to fix.

CPU power saving options can cause your issue too. But they tend to be sporadic, I have all those options enabled, but never get audio problems.

You could also try selecting a different audio source besides your board's Realtek chip. Video cards normally have audio support, you can select it in the Windows Sound option.

Comment

Working...
        X