Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock B85M-ITX + Nofan CR-95C?

are this 2 components compatible?:
    Mainboard: ASRock B85M-ITX (90-MXGPM0-A0UAYZ)
    CPU-Cooler: Nofan CR-95C Copper (l: 18cm, w: 18cm h: 14,8cm)

is the mainboard compatible to this huge cpu-cooler? Or is the cpu-cooler to huge?

thanke you very much

J. Engel

Re: ASRock B85M-ITX + Nofan CR-95C?

Originally posted by o0Julia0o View Post
    are this 2 components compatible?:
    Mainboard: ASRock B85M-ITX (90-MXGPM0-A0UAYZ)
    CPU-Cooler: Nofan CR-95C Copper (l: 18cm, w: 18cm h: 14,8cm)

is the mainboard compatible to this huge cpu-cooler? Or is the cpu-cooler to huge?

thanke you very much

J. Engel
    That cooler will barely fit an ATX MB and per their own detail covers all 4 memory slots.

So unless you have low height memory and plan to put your ITX in an ATX case, the answer I think is NO.

It seems to me that the average ITX case is simply too small to accept such a large fanless cooler, its not a function of MB but the overlap space needed from the CPU position; but that depends on the case you plan to use. Personally, I can't see using a very large HS in what I assume is intended to be a small case.

Just search the web sites and plot your intended case, position of MB/CPU and overlay the size of the HS. Its simple math at that point.

Comment

Let's see, a mini ITX board should be 17cm x 17cm.

The NoFan CR-95C is 18cm x 18cm, or really 18cm in diameter. If the CPU socket in a mini ITX board was exactly in the center of the board (which it won't be), this cooler would completely cover the majority of the board, with four small areas visible.

Given a review I found on this cooler, anything sticking up higher than 34mm above the surface of the board will touch this cooler, if that part is within the 9cm radius of the center of the CPU socket.

As said above, the PC case will be the major factor whether or not this cooler mounted on a mini ITX board will fit in a case.

Depending on the board, and where the CPU socket is, this cooler when mounted may contact the PC case area where the board's IO panel is. That would not allow the board to be screwed onto the mother board tray.

So many negatives, and zero positives about this combination. I wouldn't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        Depending on the board, and where the CPU socket is, this cooler when mounted may contact the PC case area where the board's IO panel is. That would not allow the board to be screwed onto the mother board tray.
        That´s the problem i think. Even if the Io-Panal is lower then 34mm, the mainboard can´t be fixed into any tower - even not the hugges big tower. Because the io-panel is put a little out of the tower and there the NoFan CR-95C installed on the ASRock B85M-ITX will contact the Tower.. so it can´t be fixed on the Tower :(

Or may it be like parsec says.. and it´s simple math - and one Tower could be compatible? The io-panal has to be at the same position in every Tower of the world. So that´s the problem i think.

Comment

Working...
        X