Backup /Restore for W7 - exit strategy for WHS 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup /Restore for W7 - exit strategy for WHS 2011

OK I'm a WHS 2011 user that is seeing more and more problems to get connected when PC updates are made.

I've also got less dependent (reliant) on its backups, since a total disk issue is not easy to resolve.

I use W7 Home and Pro, the latter should let me back up to my server, but doesn't like Drivepool and I'm not giving that up.

My images seem to vary from 52GB up, I can do it manually to an SSD but I would like an automatic version then I can drop WHS2011 for maybe a W7 based server.

So I'm looking for a backup / restore SW that will automatically back up images of 4-5 PC that are connected to my network - to the server.

PS: it shouldn't cost $50 per PC....

Any ideas?

Re: Backup /Restore for W7 - exit strategy for WHS 2011

Hello,
    I'm not sure if it would help you situation, but Paragon Hard Disk Manager Pro has served me well for half a decade.
    Have you looked into that solution?
    Regards-

Comment

Originally posted by John_PC View Post
      Hello,
      I'm not sure if it would help you situation, but Paragon Hard Disk Manager Pro has served me well for half a decade.
      Have you looked into that solution?
      Regards-
      Yes but not in detail yet. It looks very powerful and has many features perhaps so many the learning curve will be steep.

A simple question for you based on your prior use, do you need a license for each PC or can you install it on the server for one license?

Comment

Hello Brit,
        I agree that it is a very sophisticated piece of software. There are features I have yet to use in version 15, and I have used the package since version 8.
        I have it installed on my main computer and I use the CD recovery disk on other systems as well. The CD / usb recovery is fully functional, and though I have never used the network backup feature, it does have one.
        If I am not mistaken (you'll need to verify just in case,) you are allowed to have actually installed on 2 or 3 systems. I only have one main computer and my work laptop/office system.
        I'll say that it has been a lifesaver on countless times when my tinkering would have otherwise made my system useless. Being able to do complete restores is very reassuring.
        Regards-

Comment

Working...
        X