Going into BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going into BIOS

My computer was power cycling before. But I fixed that buy removing all the ram.

Now I'm having a hard time getting into the BIOS..
    I don't get a splash screen. I'm assuming that it is stuck in quick boot mode.

I tried to press Del while the system boots after turning it on, and still can't get into the BIOS.
    I tried this with a USB keyboard in USB2 and USB3.

I tried clearing the CMOS and it power cycles once by itself, then the whole thing starts over again, I get no splash screen and can't get into BIOS.

I don't run windows so I can't go into the utility and switch off quick boot. Is there any other way to get into the BIOS.

Re: Going into BIOS

Have you tried clearing CMOS yet?
    If you do, disconnect the power, press power button once to drain capacitors and follow the manula about how to clear BIOS.

Anything on the screen at all?
    Try disconnecting the keyboard, that should force BIOS stop and display a message.

Please fill your system specs in your profile.

Comment

Yep, I just tried it again. And again I get the same thing, it power cycles then boots fine. No, nothing on the screen after I do this.

I disconnect the USB dongle and don't get a message or anything. It boots just fine.

Comment

How do you mean boots just fine, and what is the problem then getting into BIOS?
        Try pressing the "."/Del on the numpad.

Comment

I mean it boots to the OS and completely skips splash and info screen. I'm trying to get into the BIOS to switch boot device and update the flash and I'd generally like to mess with settings.

I need to RMA my ram and it will be a couple of days before I can try the "."/Del trick.. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
          X