No announcement yet.

Z68 bios update to 2.2 no win boot.. where is old bios (1.40)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 bios update to 2.2 no win boot.. where is old bios (1.40)

hi
    i flashed the 2.20 bios to the Z68 extreme 4 . no windows boot after that.
    i use win8.1
    i want to flash the old bios that i had - 1.40 but cant find it.. instant flash version
    can you help me? no windows :-)

can i flash 1.60/1.70 if i find it?

btw
    tried the beta version l2.21a also.. no success..

please help!!!

Re: Z68 bios update to 2.2 no win boot.. where is old bios (1.40)

Originally posted by noamfram View Post
    hi
    i use win8.1
    i want to flash the old bios that i had - 1.40 but cant find it.. instant flash version

btw

please help!!!
    Here's 1.60. ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bios 1.60 Driver - TechSpot

I'm only posting the link, I don't have that board so I can't help you otherwise.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Re: Z68 bios update to 2.2 no win boot.. where is old bios (1.40)

Originally posted by noamfram View Post
      hi
      i use win8.1

btw

please help!!!
      You flashed the 2.20 BIOS version, which is the Ivy Bridge processor compatibility special update. This update must be done correctly or it won't complete, there is a special step that happens but you must leave the USB flash drive in the PC until Windows completely reboots after the Instant Flash part of the update is done. Did you do that?

Also, are you using a Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge processor in that board?

Usually when the special Sandy to Ivy compatibility BIOS update is not done correctly, which seems to be what happened to you, you won't be able to flash to an earlier version of your board's BIOS. Notice what is states on the BIOS download page for your board, about this BIOS update:

Click image for larger version

Name:	z68 sandy to ivy bios info.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	754900

After you finish updating this BIOS, please reboot your system. Please only flash newer versions of BIOS in the future.

The 2.20 BIOS update includes an update to the Intel IME firmware, which is part of the BIOS file. This firmware is not updated in any other BIOS version. Once the new IME firmware is in your BIOS, you cannot go back to earlier BIOS versions.

If this BIOS update fails, which means the IME firmware was not updated and is now corrupted in your PC, the only way to fix it is to get a new BIOS chip for your board.

My strong suggestion to you is to do the 2.20 BIOS update again, if possible, and do NOT remove the flash drive until Windows boots completely. If that does not work, I highly doubt you will be able to flash to an earlier BIOS version. We have seen this situation in this forum many times, I wish you good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X