Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS UX303LN battery life decreasing

Hey guys,

So a couple of weeks ago, I got myself one of the new UX303LN's - a real gem! It's been performing splendidly, but there seems to be something off in regards to the battery life. At first, I got around 5-6 hours of surfing the web and running regular programs which don't use the nVidia GPU, which quite frankly was very nice considering the specs. But over the course of the last week or so, I've noticed that I barely get 2.5 hours of battery life out of it, even when it's idling. I just tried that again, recharged it back up to 100%, unplugged and waited for a few minutes without any programs running: 99% remaining (2hours, 37minutes).

My first thought was, that the nVidia GPU is being used constantly instead of the Intel one, which would certainly explain this - but no. The nVidia GPU shows "Activity: none". I am still running on the same power options (balanced) and haven't changed anything there in weeks. I didn't install any new programs, nor have I made any other changes to the system or the ultrabook itself. So what on Earth could be causing this decrease in battery life?? I certainly hope it's not the damn battery dying on me already...
Working...
X