ASROCK X99 Pro - Device Manager: Base System Device Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK X99 Pro - Device Manager: Base System Device Problem

Under Device Manager/ Other Devices there are 52 Base System Devices listed as well as some other entires and I want to correct them. Any idea how to go about this? Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

Re: ASROCK X99 Pro - Device Manager: Base System Device Problem

Intel Chipset drivers and LAN Drivers are missing. You did install from DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by CSAsr84 View Post
      Intel Chipset drivers and LAN Drivers are missing. You did install from DVD?

So, apparently when I let the Disk install all the drivers it did not, or, it did not install correctly. As I'm sifting through what can be installed I don't see "Chipset" anywhere. Is there another name I should be looking for as I've never had issues knowing what the chipset install is. Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Can't check disc right now. I give you the link for 64-Bit Windows 7-8-8.1:

ftp://europe.asrock.com/drivers/Inte...0.0.20_PV).zip

Comment

Can't check disc right now. I give you the link for 64-Bit Windows 7-8-8.1:

ftp://europe.asrock.com/drivers/Inte...0.0.20_PV).zip
          That worked. Thank you!
          Apparently the chipset drivers on the disk weren't working as I installed and uninstalled them a couple of times.

The ones you sent corrected the problem! Thanks again!

Comment

Wow, all those unknown devices caused by the chipset/INF installer not being run? If that is a mistake in the disk with that board, that's a bad one.

This is why I never use the board's driver and software disk.

The Intel chipset/INF files do not appear in Windows Programs and Features.

Comment

Yeap all these are XEON related system devices so I guess it is normal to not be found in simple consumer versions of Windows.

Comment

Yeap all these are XEON related system devices so I guess it is normal to not be found in simple consumer versions of Windows.
                It is common for some Intel hardware to be identified as Xeon, when Device Manager cannot identify that hardware properly because the Chipset (really the INF files, which are INFormation files that identify the hardware) file installer was not run. Also, some things will always be identified as Xeon hardware, since it is shared between platforms. The Chipset file installation program is really not a driver, which is why it is not shown in Programs and Features.

Some driver installation programs contain an INF file that identifies the hardware that uses the driver. This is the IRST "F6" RAID/AHCI driver files:

Click image for larger version

Name:	F6 driver INF.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	754905

There are two Setup Information (.inf) files included, one for RAID, another for AHCI.

Comment

Working...
                X