Advice for Asrock N68C-GS4FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for Asrock N68C-GS4FX

Hi Greetings, support teams. I want to enquiry my currently my motherboard N68C-GS4FX with AMD Athlon II X4 555 processor I want to upgrade it to FX8300 is that possible supported?

Re: Advice for Asrock N68C-GS4FX

Yes, the FX 8300 is included in your board's CPU support list:

ASRock > N68C-GS4 FX

You will need at least BIOS version 1.10 for a FX 8300.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Yes, the FX 8300 is included in your board's CPU support list:

ASRock > N68C-GS4 FX

You will need at least BIOS version 1.10 for a FX 8300.
      Hi, i am very appreciate for reply my post. Because I very confuse the seller they who sell processor said not supported. Is there any reason why will telling this problem?

Comment

The seller is probably worried that you will try to over clock the FX 8300, and your board in not made for over clocking. The voltage regulators on the board for the CPU are not strong enough for over clocking any AMD FX 8xxx series processor.

The seller also might be worried that you won't use a good CPU cooler with this processor. The stock CPU cooler included in the box is Ok if you do not over clock and have a PC case with good cooling, meaning at least three fans.

If you did have problems with your board when using this CPU, the seller might think you will blame them for selling you a processor that caused problems.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
          The seller is probably worried that you will try to over clock the FX 8300, and your board in not made for over clocking. The voltage regulators on the board for the CPU are not strong enough for over clocking any AMD FX 8xxx series processor.

The seller also might be worried that you won't use a good CPU cooler with this processor. The stock CPU cooler included in the box is Ok if you do not over clock and have a PC case with good cooling, meaning at least three fans.

If you did have problems with your board when using this CPU, the seller might think you will blame them for selling you a processor that caused problems.
          Hi Thanks for your valued experience and opinion. This is my CPU system
          Click image for larger version

Name:	pc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	754942

Is this system are suitable for the FX8300 and currently my BIOS version is P1.10

Comment

Originally posted by neoark400 View Post
            Hi Thanks for your valued experience and opinion. This is my CPU system
            [ATTACH]7720[/ATTACH]

Is this system are suitable for the FX8300 and currently my BIOS version is P1.10
            I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. We know the FX 8300 is supported by your board with BIOS version 1.10.

The information in the CPU-Z picture is just about your "Athlon II X4 555" CPU, but does not tell us anything about the rest of your system.

Actually, AMD never made an Athlon II X4 555 processor, that is what an unlocked Phenom II B55 processor is shown as in CPU-Z.

Comment

Working...
            X