Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 Error Code 10 and 15

Hi,
    ı get a error code 10 and 15 on startup, fans spin for 2-3 seconds and system reboots to a infinite cycle. I get the code 15 right before the code 10 (maybe miliseconds but long enough to read.)
    My system is:

i5 3570k
    Z77 Extreme 6
    GSkill Sniper 2x4
    MSI GTX 970
    1 TB Caviar Black HDD

Tried to remove rams trying 1 stick at a time on all slots wih no success.
    Removed GPU and HDD,
    Reinstalled CPU and heatsink,nothing works.

Tried to remove all the rams, error code doesnt change.
    I have no idea whats going on. Will replace the faulty part if i can identify it.
    Wiating for your response.
    Thank you.

Re: Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 Error Code 10 and 15

POST codes 10 and 15 are related to memory. A POST code displayed on the Dr Debug display does not mean an error has occurred, only if the code is displayed and then does not change. Checking memory is one of the first things that happens during POST. In your situation, POST stops on the code 10 POST operation, which is one of several tests done on the memory.

Why the memory test is failing is the question. I have used G.SKILL Sniper memory in my Z77 Extreme4 board with an i5-3570K, and it works fine.

Notice that the POST code is the same if the memory is in the board or not. So it seems that the memory does not work at all when it is in the board. That could mean:

The memory is defective, both sticks, which is unlikely. You should be using slots A2 and B2 with two sticks.

Do you have both the 24 pin ATX power cable, and the 4 or 8 pin EPS power cable from the PSU connected to the board?

You said you reinstalled the CPU, did you look at the pins in the CPU socket? Any bent pins in the socket can cause many problems, including the memory not being detected. You really should check for any bent pins in the socket.

When you installed or moved the memory to different slots, did you clear the CMOS/BIOS after that?

Comment

Thank you for your response.
      İ checked the pins and cables. Everything seems ok. But unfortunately i havent reset the bios when replacing the rams. What is the correct way to do this ? Remove ram reset bios place ram and repeat?
      Btw can it be a faulty cpu. İ am willing to buy a new mobo but its a gamble without identifying the problem.

Comment

The order of changing the hardware and clearing the BIOS does not matter, as long as the board is powered down and removed from power. Only when power is applied and the board is started after a BIOS clear will the hardware change be detected. I usually move the CMOS jumper to the clear position, do the hardware change, and when done move the jumper back to its normal position. On boards that have a clear CMOS button, I'll press that after doing a hardware change.

A defective CPU is very rare, is it new? Did you ever use it before? Did you buy it used from someone? Is the mother board new?

If the CPU was defective, you'll usually see a 00 code on the display, since the POST process cannot run without the CPU working.

Comment

Working...
        X