Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...

Hi,

we're evaluating the possiblity of prototyping a 4port SAS Backplane with an SFF-8087 input connector for the said case. Could you share some blueprints used for the BP2SATA with dimensions, as we currently do not have a Q26 around?

Regards

Re: PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...

Hello marbus90. Lian Li is having difficulty understanding what you are asking for. They can not hand out blueprints. If you are making a product to fit our case, that sounds great, but you will need to have the case on hand to test. After you acquire the case, be sure to ask any further questions here.

And, Lian Li makes similar products
    BP2SATA: Lian Li Industrial Co., Ltd. | BP2SATA

Thanks
    Kip
    Last edited by Lian Li Tech; 05-26-2015, 09:15 PM.

Comment

We're looking to design a board similar to the BP*SATA series, but that would cover 4 drive bays, and rather than having 4 SATA connectors, would have 4 SAS drive connectors, connected to two SFF-8087 multi-lane SAS connectors.

This would allow much simpler cabling and also allow for redundant connections for high availability servers.

I'd be glad to share the designs back to Lian-Li for their own use, and would not try and claim any royalties etc.

Comment

Lian Li is a small company with traditional Taiwanese values. They can not share blueprints or schematics. That is their life. I wish you well in your work, and would love to see it, but Lian Li will not give that. Personally, I suggest buying both the case and the similar part and seeing what you can do.

Good luck
        Kip

Comment

That would be a lot simpler if the case was actually available in this country.

No-one I've checked has the case listed, let alone in stock.

Australia.

Comment

Both of the suppliers you listed are notorious for just listing everything under the sun and if you try and buy it stringing you along till you lose patience or give up.

I've just called Altech as well who are one of the major parts distributors and they have none in country and no plans to get them.

EYO:

Stock Information
            Our own stock 0 Usually 1-3 days (when supplier has stock)
            Supplier one 0 29/05/15 10:10AM
            TechBuy:

Usually Ships:
            Order In More info

Comment

If you don't mind the cost, you may wanna consider importing from japan. I have seen it available on rakuten.

Comment

I really don't see the issue in them wanting to provide a product to make this and other lian-li cases better. This is advertised as a NAS enclosure, but only includes a 2 drive sata backplane? I would much rather have an SAS option anyways. If Mr Lian-Li wants to market a 10 drive NAS enclosure then A) include an SAS backplane or B) at least include enough sata backplanes. I would gladly have paid $100 more for this case to have included either. I can not find a bp2sata for my pc-q26 and I have been looking for 4 months now. I had to wait 2 months for this case to even get back in stock in the U.S. I was watching my new hardware become obsolete waiting on the enclosure to get in stock.

People want this case but can't find it. See a problem? Your paying customers do and these guys want to be your customers, but can't be because there is obviously a supply issue. What do customers do when they can't locate an item from a company? They buy something from someone else.

The dimensions of the back of the drive cage with the mounting hole placement isn't exactly going to give someone the keys to Lian-Li's safe. I would personally send these guys a bp2sata as well out of my own pocket to help, if I could find one in stock. TBH the difficulty I have had getting my hands on your products is beyond irritating. In fact irritating to the point that my next build will probably be with someone else's enclosure.

Rant.Over

Comment

I have watched the video and checked the spec sheet. Cool looking little box. That is a lot drives you can fit in. You can see it here: Lian-Li Global | PC-Q26
                  Lian Li makes 3 versions, for 1, 2 and 3 drive hot swapping. bp2sata bp3sata bp1sata

Here is a whole page dedicated on where to buy: where to buy

Other than that... Yes, some countries suffer from lack of distributors. We do our best but we can't do it all. If you know a better way to distribute around the world, let me know. I really wish you well using our products, we work hard to make them as good as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
                    I have watched the video and checked the spec sheet. Cool looking little box. That is a lot drives you can fit in. You can see it here: Lian-Li Global | PC-Q26
                    Yes... we're well aware how many drives you can fit in, and the aesthetics are pleasing, but seriously trying to spruik your own product in this thread... low class man, low class.

Originally posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
                    Lian Li makes 3 versions, for 1, 2 and 3 drive hot swapping. bp2sata bp3sata bp1sata
                    Great, so I either have to buy another 4 bp2sata's or some weird ass combination of bp3sata and bp1sata if I want to make all 10 bays hotswap? and then I have to try and tidy 10 power cables and 10 sata cables in an already cramped Mini-ITX case?

There's a reason we asked for details to make a SAS version, because it makes sense! The case already comes with a bp2 sata. Add two 4 port SAS backplanes and you've just provisioned all the bays with 8 cables instead of 20!

Not only that, I've offered to design the product for you at no cost to Lian-Li, AND give Lian-Li the files with which to make and sell their own ones! We didn't ask for the whole case design, just the design of one small piece. I really fail to see how Lian-Li has anything to lose off this? It's not like someone can use that info to copy one of their cases! If anything they stand to gain from it as people can then make accessories to go with Lian-Li cases which would help drive sales of those cases!

Personally I'm rethinking buying this case, because I really don't feel like spending hours reverse engineering your crappy board so that I can make one that works for me. When I can buy from other companies who either (a) support people who want to mod their gear, or (b) provide decent hotswap backplanes instead of the crappy ones you guys are offering.

Comment

Well, you are getting angry. Sorry about that. Lian Li said no, and that is the end of that. I tried to work out other ways with you. If I can help, I will. Good luck.
                      Last edited by Lian Li Tech; 06-10-2015, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X