No announcement yet.

GA-Z87X-UD4H - System Crash During AppCenter Update. Am I Hosed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z87X-UD4H - System Crash During AppCenter Update. Am I Hosed?

My system has been working for the last year+. I installed Windows 10 yesterday, and was doing fine last night. I came home and realized that I updated drivers for my graphics card, but didn't do anything else. So I opened up AppCenter and noticed I had a few updates, including a new BIOS version.

I started updating, and my system started to really stutter. After about a minute, it went to black screen (power on). Now, when I power it on, it won't post. Screen is black (in both graphics card or onboard display ports), and my USB keyboard isn't getting power either.

I tried many of the trouble-shooting steps: using only one stick of RAM, disconnecting HD, hitting the CMOS reset button, holding down the power-on button. Nothing worked.

So any ideas? Is this motherboard done for?

Follow-up question, I have a Raid 0 setup... if I get a new motherboard, will that be gone too?

Re: GA-Z87X-UD4H - System Crash During AppCenter Update. Am I Hosed?

Originally posted by malogos View Post
    My system has been working for the last year+. I installed Windows 10 yesterday, and was doing fine last night. I came home and realized that I updated drivers for my graphics card, but didn't do anything else. So I opened up AppCenter and noticed I had a few updates, including a new BIOS version.

I started updating, and my system started to really stutter. After about a minute, it went to black screen (power on). Now, when I power it on, it won't post. Screen is black (in both graphics card or onboard display ports), and my USB keyboard isn't getting power either.

I tried many of the trouble-shooting steps: using only one stick of RAM, disconnecting HD, hitting the CMOS reset button, holding down the power-on button. Nothing worked.

So any ideas? Is this motherboard done for?

Follow-up question, I have a Raid 0 setup... if I get a new motherboard, will that be gone too?
    Welcome to the forum.

You installed from what Win previous version?
    Was it installed in UEFI mode or Legacy mode?

- Reset CMOS
    - Load optimized default settings, save, reboot
    - re-enter BIOS, disable "secure boot", put CSM support at "Always" (or enable), turn off "fast boot", save, restart
    That should do it

Depending on your response above I will be in better position to help you if you still have problems.

Note: AMD and NVIDIA just released new Win 10 drivers

regards
    P.S. The is plenty of post about your problem and its resolution on this forum
    Last edited by Teddybehr; 07-31-2015, 02:54 PM. Reason: add drivers info
    Board: GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 BIOS: 20e modded CPU: Intel i5-3570k Memory: Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4X4GB @1866Mhz 9-9-9-24 1T
    GPU: EVGA GTX 980 FTW SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 256 GB (Addonics 4x card interface) , Intel 730 240 GB, Samsung EVO 840 240 GB X2,
    16 TB iSCSI 2XRAID0 2XRAID1 (Hitachi HDD, LUN) QNAP TS-469L PSU: Seasonic X-1250 KB:Log. G110 Mouse: Log. G502
    OSes: Win 8.1 x64 UEFI/Win 7 x64 UEFI Dual Boot VM: K Linux, OSX Leopard, Win 10, Win XP, HP Integrity (rem), Whonix Other: HP Proliant server
    Other interface: Pangolin QM2000.NET Lasers controller

Comment

Re: GA-Z87X-UD4H - System Crash During AppCenter Update. Am I Hosed?

Upgraded from Win 8.1.

I had hit the CMOS reset button a few times, but that didn't work by itself. I had to move the CMOS switch to the left too, and that allowed me to get back to BIOS.

But now I'm worried -- am I on the backup BIOS and what happens if that one gets messed up? Should I move the switch back to the right?

Comment

Working...
      X