P67A-UD4-B3 Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67A-UD4-B3 Windows 10

Quick question(s), sorry if it's dumb...

I'm getting ready to upgrade my gaming machine to Windows 10, and I'd like to know if I can use those Windows 8.1 Drivers from the download page on gigabyte's website?

Should I also update BIOS to the latest (F8 -- from here or from website ?) ? I'm still on F3 ("don't try to fix what isn't broken") . Read here that a guy had higher temps with F8 than F7, so I'm a bit worried.

I'll be using a 250GB SSD for OS and 2x1TB HDDs for data (fresh install).

Thanks in advance!

Re: P67A-UD4-B3 Windows 10

Want advice from someone that knows a thing or two?
    Hold your horses, Windows 10 does not go no where, you have one year, let others be Microsoft's guinea pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      Want advice from someone that knows a thing or two?
      Hold your horses, Windows 10 does not go no where, you have one year, let others be Microsoft's guinea pigs.
      I'm subscribed to the Windows Insider Program, and have been using it on a couple of virtual machines for about 6 months, no problems so far. I've set everything to block data sharing just in case, too . Office PC is going to stay at Windows 7 for as long as I can, but no problem making my gaming one the guinea pig

Comment

A week ago, i would've agreed with Chike 100%, but, i have this laptop, wich came with the dreadful Windows 8.1, i gave it a try for a couple months, never got to like it at all, and most importantly, it continously slowed down whenever there was any kind of "heavy duty" (watching youtube videos at 720p...) the laptop has decent specs, a core i5 third gen at 2.4 ghz, 8gb RAM and an integrated nvidia 750m, so, i tried downgrading it to Windows 7 first, since it's the most stable OS for me, but there was no drivers or any official support for it, tried installing it anyways and it was even worse, tried to force install drivers, and still, horrible, seriously thought of selling the lil *******... BUT, then i saw Windows 10 was at it's final release, so i decided to give it a try, just because, and what a surprise, everything worked better than ever! almost all drivers were instantly installed (except for NVIDIA's) and after a week of using it non stop, i can say it's almost perfect, got all the spying **** off of course, other than that, it's great.

So, in resume, my main desktop PC works with this motherboard (P67A UD4 B3) and i'm installing it tomorrow on it too, give it a try, if not convinced, just roll back to your previous OS, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Zerch View Post
          A week ago, i would've agreed with Chike 100%, but, i have this laptop, wich came with the dreadful Windows 8.1, i gave it a try for a couple months, never got to like it at all, and most importantly, it continously slowed down whenever there was any kind of "heavy duty" (watching youtube videos at 720p...) the laptop has decent specs, a core i5 third gen at 2.4 ghz, 8gb RAM and an integrated nvidia 750m, so, i tried downgrading it to Windows 7 first, since it's the most stable OS for me, but there was no drivers or any official support for it, tried installing it anyways and it was even worse, tried to force install drivers, and still, horrible, seriously thought of selling the lil *******... BUT, then i saw Windows 10 was at it's final release, so i decided to give it a try, just because, and what a surprise, everything worked better than ever! almost all drivers were instantly installed (except for NVIDIA's) and after a week of using it non stop, i can say it's almost perfect, got all the spying **** off of course, other than that, it's great.

So, in resume, my main desktop PC works with this motherboard (P67A UD4 B3) and i'm installing it tomorrow on it too, give it a try, if not convinced, just roll back to your previous OS, good luck!
          That is actually a very good reason to upgrade. We had a laptop that came with Windows 8/8.1, and it was our guinea pig too.

Anyway, just a FIY; I installed W10 on this machine that day and my experience after 2 months and final setup is:
          • BIOS at F7 version (didn't try putting it at F8). No problems so far, my OC is still stable. Although some applications didn't like my XMP profile and I had to disable it;
          • Windows 8.1 Drivers worked (mostly) on Windows 10. I still don't have everything installed, and really, some of the drivers that did install didn't make much difference;
          • DirectX 12 is quite a turd right now on NVIDIA cards. I mean, its OK but AMD got a lot more performance from it.

Good luck with your install!

Comment

Originally posted by rehv View Post
            That is actually a very good reason to upgrade. We had a laptop that came with Windows 8/8.1, and it was our guinea pig too.

Anyway, just a FIY; I installed W10 on this machine that day and my experience after 2 months and final setup is:
            • BIOS at F7 version (didn't try putting it at F8). No problems so far, my OC is still stable. Although some applications didn't like my XMP profile and I had to disable it;
            • Windows 8.1 Drivers worked (mostly) on Windows 10. I still don't have everything installed, and really, some of the drivers that did install didn't make much difference;
            • DirectX 12 is quite a turd right now on NVIDIA cards. I mean, its OK but AMD got a lot more performance from it.

Good luck with your install!
            What card are you using? Sorry i didn't see the date of your post, i was just looking for some advice on the matter too

Comment

Originally posted by Zerch View Post
              What card are you using? Sorry i didn't see the date of your post, i was just looking for some advice on the matter too
              No problem! I used the opportunity to upgrade my PC a bit, so I went from a 570 to a 970 (EVGA SC if you wanna know) that day as well. Everything runs smooth so far!

EDIT: Which reminded me that I need to update my PC specs.

Comment

Working...
              X