Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p67 Extreme6 BIOS Update without Windows

Hi,

I'm using my asrock p67 extreme6 in a build as my UNRAID (linux) server. Recently I've decided up upgrade the CPU to a Xeon e3-1240v2 and it seems I need to update the bios from 1.6 to 2.1 for this to work.

However the only bios download available is for windows, and I don't have windows!

Is there any way to "extract" the bios out of the .exe file so that I can flash from the update screen within the bios itself?

Regards,
    Lee.

Re: p67 Extreme6 BIOS Update without Windows

wow asrock support are quick! Got a reply from them with the bios attached to use in Instant Flash.

I'm also pasting extra information they provided in case its useful to anyone else with the same board. Luckily mine begins with 13...

From asRock support:

Please check the serial number on the yellow sticker on the motherboard. It has 12 characters and part of it is “M0X”. If the serial number starts with 13 or higher then you can flash the BIOS to the latest version (P2.10).

If the serial number start with 11 or lower then you have a motherboard with the famous Intel 6-series chipset bug and missed the call-back. A side effect of that chipset bug is that the motherboard cannot support Ivy Bridge CPUs. In that case please do not try to update the BIOS to P2.10 because that would give problems.

Comment

Working...
    X