No announcement yet.

How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?

How do you guys find drivers for stuff like asmedia that i cant find if my life depended on it. I have an asrock z97 extreme 6 and looking for the driver for "Asmedia ASM1042AE" and "Asmedia ASM1061" The problem is the drivers on asrock site are all old and yet people on this site and one or 2 others manage to find new version. Can someone please tell me what im doing wrong? and if i do an clean install of win 7 can i i just use intel drivers and not enable asmedia in the bios if i'm only connected through intel connections? Or should i install both regardless.

Thanks

Re: How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?

Doing it the hard way: check all motherboards on all motherboard makers sites to see if they offer a newer driver version for the same piece of hardware as on your motherboard and all the makers sites of the chips like intel, asmedia, realtek, ...

Doing it much easier: let other people do this work for you and watch the results on Station-Drivers - NEWS

And for the question of a clean win 7 install. If you don't need the asmedia, disable it and save 2 or 3 seconds during boot time that the asmedia chip needs to detect that there is no device connected. If you ever need it later on, just enable it and then install the driver.
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Re: How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?

i get your point and its what ive done but not tested yet as all seem to be asus and to add insult to injury right at that time they went from 3 to 3.1 usb and dont get why their the only ones where u can dl an update from the site.

Comment

Working...
      X