No announcement yet.

Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.

I need to reset the BIOS on my beebox, but I'm not able to get mouse/keybord to work to get into the BIOS. Is there a way to reset it on the motherboard?

I only have USB ports, 2 HDMI, DP and LAN, but it won't activate my mouse/keyboard before windows is starting up. However, I had just installed windows 7 64 bit, but the drivers doesn't work there either, so I can't set up the last steps needed to get into windows and download drivers. I used the special tool to alter my windows ISO onto a USB stick before installing, so it should have installed with mouse/keyboard drivers from my understanding, but I did multiple installs, always with the same result.

Now I can't get into BIOS to set USB as first boot option or to alter USB settings or finish the into steps to windows

Re: Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.

Dear Henrik Holum,

If USB device doesn't work before entering to OS and can't enter to BIOS setup page, please kindly try below suggestion for verify:
    1.Test on other USB port for try.
    2.Please test with other usb device for try.
    3.Open the chassis and refer user manual page6 to clear CMOS for try:
    http://download.asrock.com/manual/Beebox%20Series.pdf

If any please feel free to let me know.
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy
    Last edited by ASRock TSD-Eddy; 09-08-2015, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Re: Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.

Hello,
      I have the opposite problem. In the BIOS keyboard and mouse works, but the system does not work anymore (W7). Change enable/disalbe does not help.

I tested other USB ports.
      I do not understand step 3. "Clear CMOS Pad Allows you to clear the data in CMOS. To clear CMOS, disconnect the power supply and short the Clear CMOS Pad." - from user manual
      (reset CMOS) CMOS simply unplug and wait for discharge? What is mean "short"?

This product is great, but why not work immediately after unpacking and involvement of SSD and RAM .... I do not understand ...:(:(

Comment

Working...
      X