M.2 Drive not showing up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.2 Drive not showing up.

I got a 500GB Samsung Evo 850 M.2 SSD (N5E500) and installed it in my computer but it won't show up at all, not in the device manager and not even in the bios.

I updated the bios and went to storage configuration and set it to force M.2 but 2 of my SATA drives vanished and the M.2 drive still would not show up so I had to change it back.

I am NOT trying to install Windows to it. It is just going to be a game drive.

Re: M.2 Drive not showing up.

Originally posted by WubbaLubbaDubDub View Post
    I got a 500GB Samsung Evo 850 M.2 SSD (N5E500) and installed it in my computer but it won't show up at all, not in the device manager and not even in the bios.

I updated the bios and went to storage configuration and set it to force M.2 but 2 of my SATA drives vanished and the M.2 drive still would not show up so I had to change it back.

I am NOT trying to install Windows to it. It is just going to be a game drive.
    Did you ever figure it out?

Comment

I'm having troubles with my m.2 drive showing up too. I have an X99Extreme4 Motherboard. The drive is the new Samsung 950 Pro m.2 vnand M.2 512GB. This motherboard is supposed to support the newest 3rd generation x4 M.2 drives. I have the latest 2.0 bios. In the bios, it shows up as a possible Startup disk, but it doesn't appear anywhere else in the bios. When I boot a windows 7 x64 DVD or USB in regular or UEFI mode, it says No drives found. I wonder if certain settings in the bios need to be set (like it's AHCI Mode), Legacy support for ?, etc. Thank you in advance for any help with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nenwen View Post
        I'm having troubles with my m.2 drive showing up too. I have an X99Extreme4 Motherboard. The drive is the new Samsung 950 Pro m.2 vnand M.2 512GB. This motherboard is supposed to support the newest 3rd generation x4 M.2 drives. I have the latest 2.0 bios. In the bios, it shows up as a possible Startup disk, but it doesn't appear anywhere else in the bios. When I boot a windows 7 x64 DVD or USB in regular or UEFI mode, it says No drives found. I wonder if certain settings in the bios need to be set (like it's AHCI Mode), Legacy support for ?, etc. Thank you in advance for any help with this.
        Win 7 does not support it, so either run 8.1, 10, or add the driver from Samsung at the disk screen. Where it say's load driver.
        Place the driver on a flash drive and have it plugged in before boot.

Comment

I could not find a driver for the 950 Pro M.2 SSD and I couldn't get Windows 7 installer to run in UEFI mode properly. So.. I gave in and just installed Windows 10. I entered the boot menu with F11 and the CDROM shows up twice, one in regular mode, one in UEFI, which I chose. It showed up right away. I installed Windows 10 without incident. It's working well. Thank you so much for the replies.

Comment

Working...
          X