Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram

Hello,

I am looking to purchase the X99E-ITX/ac and 32GB ram (Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400) for use with a Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor.

If I purchase now do I need to update the bios to support this much ram?

if I do need to update the board, will it support 1 16GB stick so I can do the update?

thanks!
    z

Re: Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram

This mb is specified for a system memory up to 32GB and since there are just 2 ram slots, the only way to achive this is the use of 16GB sticks. So no need to update the board.
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Dear zwickarrb,

We tested X99E-ITX/ac with Corsair DDR4-CORSAIR-16G-2400-14-LPX-1.2V memory (module name:CMK32GX4M2A2400C14) in our end.
      This pair of memory can works on X99E-ITX/ac, please refer the picture below:

We suggest to use other memory update latest BIOS P1.40 version form our website as below:
      ftp://europe.asrock.com/BIOS/2011/X9...c(1.40)ROM.zip

Then install the corsair 16GX2 memory on X99E-ITX/ac.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1111.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	755034

Thanks
      Best wishes
      ASRock TSD
      Eddy

Comment

ok, will do, thanks for responding Eddy!

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
          Dear zwickarrb,

We tested X99E-ITX/ac with Corsair DDR4-CORSAIR-16G-2400-14-LPX-1.2V memory (module name:CMK32GX4M2A2400C14) in our end.
          This pair of memory can works on X99E-ITX/ac, please refer the picture below:

We suggest to use other memory update latest BIOS P1.40 version form our website as below:
          ftp://europe.asrock.com/BIOS/2011/X9...c(1.40)ROM.zip

Then install the corsair 16GX2 memory on X99E-ITX/ac.
          [ATTACH]7880[/ATTACH]

Thanks
          Best wishes
          ASRock TSD
          Eddy
          So i got the x99e itx/ac and the bios is at 1.2 and it will not POST (no video signal) with this ram. I now need to get supported ram, update the bios, then i can use this ram.

Comment

Dear Zwickarrb,

Thanks for your inquiry.
            Yes, please install one stick of this memory to update BIOS for try.
            If still with no display symptom, please use with other memory and update BIOS to P1.40 version.
            Then this pair of memory can work on X99E-ITX/ac board.

Best wishes
            ASRock TSD
            Eddy

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
              Dear Zwickarrb,

Thanks for your inquiry.
              Yes, please install one stick of this memory to update BIOS for try.
              If still with no display symptom, please use with other memory and update BIOS to P1.40 version.
              Then this pair of memory can work on X99E-ITX/ac board.

Best wishes
              ASRock TSD
              Eddy
              Yes, I had to go to my local computer store and buy some cheap compatible ram that worked with P1.2 (what was shipped with the mobo). Then I was able to POST, updated the BIOS to P1.40, reset the CMOS, plug in the 32GB ram sticks, and then it all worked! I would be nice if you could somehow update the bios without being able to see a display, for this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by zwickarrb View Post
                I would be nice if you could somehow update the bios without being able to see a display, for this situation.
                One problem with that thinking is, what might happen if the BIOS wasn't responsive and then you blindly attempt to flash it?

You did the only safe thing to do. And viola!, it's working.
                #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
                X