Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis

Hi,

I've been trying to confirm which of the high end Lian Li cases are suitable for SSI EEB form factor motherboards (without, if at all possible, any modification to the standoffs at my end). The particular board in question I'd like to use is the ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS.

The case I had wanted to use originally was the PC-A79. I get the impression that, while this has the room for an SSI EEB board, some of the standoffs on the PC-A79 will not line through with the holes on the motherboard. Would that be right?

Looking then at some of the other cases on offer I've noticed that the V2120 ships with a specific mounting bracket to adapt to an SSI EEB motherboard. My questions about this are:

- Does the V2120 always ship with this bracket as standard?
    - Can the same bracket be used to make the PC-A79 compatible with an SSI EEB motherboard? If so, can the bracket be ordered direct from Lian Li as a spare part?

Thanks for any help.

Re: SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis

Hi. My understanding is: If they mention SSI in the PR or on line, then it comes standard with SSI fittings. If it does not say, even if it is technically big enough, it does not have Lian Li made fittings.
    Lian-Li Global | Contact us can answer more.
    Use a simple email. No spaces, ., _, -, or any other special characters.

Thanks
    Kip

Comment

Originally posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
      Lian-Li Global | Contact us can answer more.
      Use a simple email. No spaces, ., _, -, or any other special characters.
      Thanks for your response. I don't seem to have much luck getting any reply from the official Lian Li Contact Us Form. I tried asking this question once (a few days before starting this thread) and have tried again (immediately after your reply).
      Admittedly, with the first inquiry I used an e-mail address with a . in the address but I used a different e-mail the second time around (with no special characters) and still I've heard nothing.

None of the online specifications mention compatibility with EEB. The only mention of support for EEB at all is in the PDF documentation for the V2120. This mention is in the form of a mounting plate.
      Maybe I don't know enough about hardware to comment but it seems odd to me that a manufacturer that places themselves at the very high end wouldn't have built in support for a form factor that would be quite often used for dual Xeon CPU builds.
      Anyway, hoping for an answer soon. Really, I'm fine to go with the V2120 but I would like somebody to confirm that this plate is shipped with the V2120 as standard.

Comment

From what I can tell online, as an amateur at this, the only difference between the EEB and eATX is the standoffs. The IO port is the same as for CEB and ATX.

If you look at the user guide and https://picasaweb.google.com/1065312...43299768521714

you can see that there are pin outs for most mobo layouts. Not speaking for Lian Li, or with any guarantee here, but it looks like it will fit to me. Am I missing something?

Comment

Thanks again for your help. I was looking at the standoffs on that photo you linked and was trying to line it through with the diagram from the ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS motherboard manual.
          I wasn't 100% sure about all of the standoff locations but, just for the record, I received a reply from Lian Li support today confirming that the PC-A79 is compatible with EEB motherboards. So I'm happy to proceed on that basis.

Comment

Ah good. Glad it works. And that I was right ;)

Remember to take some pictures of the beast and share with us. I can always use a good case build for the FaceBook.

-Kip

Comment

Working...
            X