No announcement yet.

GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.

I'm sure it has been asked but I have tried everything to maintain my SSD as the primary boot drive yet from cold boot it loads one of my other two drive making me reboot again to correct it.

To correct it I have two ways.

Do the above then ctrl alt del and then enter the Bios and change it in boot order and save.

Or

Boot till it reaches the DMI checking part then just ctrl alt del and go back into Bios and set the order.

Either way once the machine is booted and the SSD is set to first device it will maintain this and warn boots.

So my question is I have AHCI enabled on all drives ports and is there something i am missing or is it just the BIOS for this board is to old for Gigabyte to really be able to implement a fix. I am not sure about switching all the cables around since I THINK it should recognize the drive anyways.

Seems the software for the Sata3 loads afterwards, "meaning the initial boot (from Cold) hasn't loaded it yet."

Any fixes or ideas please.
    Bios Version F8B
    I have it in Legacy Mode
    AHCI
    INTEL i7-920 2.66GHZ 8M LGA 1366
    GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R Rev 1
    ASETEK 120MM WATERCOOLER
    6GB KINSTON HYPER X DDR3
    BLACK AZZA SOLANO 1000 FULL TOWER
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    2TB SATA III 3.0 GB 7200RPM HD
    BLACK LITE-ON 24X DVDRW
    SEASONIC X750 Gold PSU
    ONBOARD 7.1 SOUND
    ATI RADEON 5750 1GB DDR3
    WINDOWS 10 64Bit 10240

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.

Boot order should not change once set. If it is you might check your bios battery. If you want the drives to load in a specific order w/o setting boot order in bios then you have to plug your ssd into Sata 0 port, next drive into port 1 etc...
    i7-3930K
    GA-x79-UD3
    Corsair H100
    4x2GB GSkill F3-12800CL6
    X-Fi Titanium HD
    EVGA GTX 970
    Pioneer BDR-207DBK
    Samsung 850 EVO
    3XWD2002FYPS
    Corsair TX850
    Dell U2412M

Comment

Originally posted by Peakr View Post
      Boot order should not change once set. If it is you might check your bios battery. If you want the drives to load in a specific order w/o setting boot order in bios then you have to plug your ssd into Sata 0 port, next drive into port 1 etc...
      Thx for the post..

I have replaced the Battery as I figured that is at the top of the list, but that battery isn't the issue. I understand the order as you are saying but if i use SATA 0 port for my SSD then i loose the SATA III speeds. I realize this board is neared the things of Christmas past, but it still kicking most things i throw at it.
      I need Ram and a better Video card but hey I do that I might just build a new rig to meet the today's speeds.

I just bought the SSD loaded Win 7 and activated it, then upgraded to 10240 all good to go and have monitored for any updates for my devices etc. It defeats the speed of a SSD when i have to boot up cold then wait for it to start loading and reboot then seeing the SSD on screen, entering into the BIOS and setting the order > then F10/Y save > reboot and all is well till next shutdown. All warm boots work fine.

I am leaning towards the fact the AHCI loads then the SATA software Raid software is what is causing the SSD not to be recognized at cold boot.

Thx.
      INTEL i7-920 2.66GHZ 8M LGA 1366
      GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R Rev 1
      ASETEK 120MM WATERCOOLER
      6GB KINSTON HYPER X DDR3
      BLACK AZZA SOLANO 1000 FULL TOWER
      Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
      2TB SATA III 3.0 GB 7200RPM HD
      BLACK LITE-ON 24X DVDRW
      SEASONIC X750 Gold PSU
      ONBOARD 7.1 SOUND
      ATI RADEON 5750 1GB DDR3
      WINDOWS 10 64Bit 10240

Comment

What sata software raid, marvell? Which achi driver are you using ms? Is your bios stock or modded?
        Last edited by Peakr; 10-15-2015, 09:18 PM.
        i7-3930K
        GA-x79-UD3
        Corsair H100
        4x2GB GSkill F3-12800CL6
        X-Fi Titanium HD
        EVGA GTX 970
        Pioneer BDR-207DBK
        Samsung 850 EVO
        3XWD2002FYPS
        Corsair TX850
        Dell U2412M

Comment