airflow questions for lian li pco-6 case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airflow questions for lian li pco-6 case

i really want this case mainly because im doing a htpc/steam machine build. however with my parts list Intel Celeron G1820, KFA2 GeForce GTX 980, Lian-Li PC-O6SX - System Build - PCPartPicker i have noted that with the air flow of the case the air flows from the front and back and upwards which is fine. however the dust filters are on top which are surly meant to filter dust from getting into the case. so i though when not reverse the flow so that air flows from the top through the filters and out the back and sides. however the power supply is mounted so that it blows up top. this means that if i did a reversed airflow the air that exists the power supply is colliding with the air flowing in from the top has anyone noised this with the lian li o cases or is it me. but if anyone has came cross this problem then what did they do?

Re: airflow questions for lian li pco-6 case

Hi. Thanks for writing.

The video card will fit, you just need to take out the HD cage, FYI. Just so you know, you will loose those spots. The drives you have will fit, but that 0,5Tb drive is small :) I would keep my eyes out for a good SSD on sale instead. VGA length: 290mm <> Length 12.13" (308mm)

As for the airflow... I would try it the way it is designed. Bring the air in the bottom/front and out the top/back. See how it goes. That is by far the most common way on air, and it works well.
    Lian Li often puts filters on out fans, we don't know why. Be thankful, they often don't put filters at all :) We are working on that.

Comment

thanks for the idea but it just defys logic surly you want to filter the air coming into the computer which means the dust filter is pointless on the top if its exhaust. unless air comes in through the top so i was wandering if you could turn a power suppy unit which has a intake fan so that it exhausts downwards going with the flow then everything would work. but then my next thought is could the highest watt fan-less power supply work with a titan x and other parts such as this parts list Intel Core i7-5820K, Palit GeForce GTX Titan X, Lian-Li PC-O6SX - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom this means that i would not have these problems with airflow problems

Comment

I agree about the air filters, but that is what they are :)

As for the PSU... I have had bad luck with the passive units. I would suggest one that is semi-passive, it only turns on the fan when it gets hot.
        I think the FSP and SeaSonic have that, although I am sure more do as well. And get gold+ or higher.

For examples:
        FSP Group 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (PT1200FM) - PCPartPicker United Kingdom
        SeaSonic 1050W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (SS-1050XP3) - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

Comment

Little overkill for power what about https://pcpartpicker.com/part/season...upply-ss760xp2 for power but could I turn the power supply upside down so it blows downwards and air flows from top down and out front and back.

Comment

Yes, that PSU has the Seasonic Hybrid Silent Fan Control. That's the thing you are looking for. But if you put in a bit overkill size, it will run fan-less more and longer :)

I am not sure if it can mount upside down, but it should be able to. Lian Li asks, if you want 100% sure, to email the. Use the form here: Lian-Li Global | Where to buy
            Just use an email with no spaces, ., _, -, or any special characters.

Comment

i see so higher wattage with hybrid control = longer running time without needing the fan because its built for higher wattage. but could i turn the power supply upside down so that it vents out downwards with the wall power cable being plugged in the bottom of the power supply and cable for computer parts such as the motherboard and graphics card come from the top. this is what you would see if you were looking on the glass side.

Comment

That is right about PSU, and its the good thing about that system. But, I always say to buy the best quality PSU you can, don't focus on the W numbers. Anything over 700w should work good for you.

About the mounting. Because of the many different PSUs out there, I can't say a yes or no, but it looks like you could. But We can't recommend it. The fan is blowing up as it is designed, if you turn it, that fan will be restricted more. It will strain your PSU and not change the heat or airflow in the case at all. The PSU heat will be the same if the fans are blowing up or down, the case fans will make way more difference than the direction the PSU blows.

Comment

Working...
                X