Setup:
    Code:
    C2750D4I 
    DS380
    2008R2
    NIC 1: .2.220
    NIC 2: .2.221
    IPMI : .2.222
    This is a home server rig that I've left behind while travelling. Everythings been running stable for over a year, had a hung process so had reason to log into IPMI, so I had a look over everything. Noticed the IPMIs firmware was several versions behind and decided to update it.

Version 0.19 to 0.23

Downloaded via IPMI UI itself, updated with preserve settings. Got "Verified update, click to proceed. May take one minute", confirmed and waited. The machine never came back online. After an hour or so I had it forced down and restarted, nothing. Then tried to clear system power and try again, nothing.

When it starts drive spinup, power comes on, drives spin down and power stays static. None of the NICs link up.

I'm thinking removing the CMOS battery is the next step to attempt, but I'd like advice as I cant work on the machine myself and have to use a proxy so all troubleshooting is slow/awkward. What order of steps should I follow?

Regards,
    Hoarder.

Re: C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed

Seems there isnt much of a support presence on here, but managed to solve it.

Remove CMOS+WAIT+REPLACE+BOOT = Fail.
    Remove CMOS+BOOT+REPLACE+BOOT = Resolved.

Only thing now is both the default password and my own configured one do not work, and theres no SMTP server set so I cannot reset it myself, but we're online so thats a minor issue.

Comment

Working...
    X