No announcement yet.

New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger

I have a brand new ASUS X555UB-NH51 Laptop.

I'm getting 100-200 (sometimes more) warnings generated per second in the System Event Log like this:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
    Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Bus Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x5
    Vendor ID Device ID: 0x8086:0x9D15
    Class Code: 0x30400

The details view of this entry contains further information.

The Source is WHEA-Logger and the Event ID is 17.

Also, the Device Manager log has a related error generated (only occasionally) that looks like this:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D15&SUBSYS_1CCD1043&REV_F1\3&115 83659&0&E5 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem8.inf
    Class Guid: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Service: pci
    Lower Filters:
    Upper Filters:
    Problem: 0x15
    Problem Status: 0x0

The source for that is error message is Kernel-PnP and the Event ID is 411.

I noticed that the device being logged is listed in the device manager as the Intel(R) 100 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #6 - 9D15 and the device connected to that port is the Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC. If I turn off Wi-Fi by entering Airplane Mode the number of warnings drop to about 1 per second. When I turn Wi-Fi back on again the number of warnings goes back to 100 to 200 per second. If I disable the Realtek Wi-Fi device entirely the warnings go away entirely. If I disable Express Root Port #6 the warnings also go away. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek drivers, and uninstalling and reinstalling the Intel Chipset drivers.... no luck. I tried having Windows (I'm running Windows 10 64-bit) reinstall default drivers at startup... no luck.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, thank you.

By the way, I'm also currently emailing with an ASUS tech and so far not much help there.

Thanks

Nicholas

Re: New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger

Originally posted by TheSaltDoll View Post

I'm getting 100-200 (sometimes more) warnings generated per second in the System Event Log like this:

Also, the Device Manager log has a related error generated (only occasionally) that looks like this:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D15&SUBSYS_1CCD1043&REV_F1\3&115 83659&0&E5 had a problem starting.

Lower Filters:
    Upper Filters:

I noticed that the device being logged is listed in the device manager as the Intel(R) 100 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #6 - 9D15 and the device connected to that port is the Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC. If I turn off Wi-Fi by entering Airplane Mode the number of warnings drop to about 1 per second. When I turn Wi-Fi back on again the number of warnings goes back to 100 to 200 per second. If I disable the Realtek Wi-Fi device entirely the warnings go away entirely. If I disable Express Root Port #6 the warnings also go away. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek drivers, and uninstalling and reinstalling the Intel Chipset drivers.... no luck. I tried having Windows (I'm running Windows 10 64-bit) reinstall default drivers at startup... no luck.

By the way, I'm also currently emailing with an ASUS tech and so far not much help there.

Thanks

Nicholas
    Hey I just started using the same laptop and am having the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Comment

Re: New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger

Originally posted by wlkrt0 View Post
      Hey I just started using the same laptop and am having the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution to this?
      I'm having the same problem. About 50 events logged/sec. Disabling wireless stops the problem -- but I kinda need the internet :(

Comment

Originally posted by TheSaltDoll View Post

Lower Filters:
        Upper Filters:

Thanks

Nicholas
        I too am getting these errors continualy. They don't seem to be affecting my performance, although this is literally a new laptop (Picked it up last week end) and I am getting these errors flooding my event viewer too. I've tried updated every single driver, literally ALL of them and nothing has worked. I've exhausted every option I can think of. Hope one of you lot has more luck.

Laptop is an ASUS Republic of Gaming GL552VW

Comment

Working...
        X