Newly built PC won't boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly built PC won't boot

Okay so I build a computer for the first time bought all the parts and such and it goes like this

Zotac 970 4gb Nivdia Gtx
    Gigabyte z170x gaming 5 skylake led atx motherboard
    corsair 8gb ddr4 vengeance lpx memory kit for skylake 2133mhz
    750watt corsair builder series cx750m 80plus bronze semi modular PSU
    Intel core I-5 4690k 3.50ghz quad core processor unlocked

I build it fine ton of videos bought an anti static strap thermal paste the lot but time comes to power it my cpu fan which I got with the cpu doesn't spin nether does my PSU my Gpu fans both work and the system fan doesn't work sometimes it does. They just jolt around back and fourth like something is wrong. My mobo OC and ECO buttons light up so there must be power right? Please guys desperate for some if any information here to help out tried the other posts here and I can't seem to find much as to my issue :/

Thanks for your time

- Travis

Re: Newly built PC won't boot

Hi Travis, if you have an I5-4690k as listed above, that is your problem. That is a Haswell refresh CPU - it is for socket 1150 motherboards like the Z97 boards. You have a socket 1151 motherboard, which takes different processors.

Google your motherboard - go to the Gigabyte support site, and look at the supported CPUS under "support and downloads". Your motherboard supports Skylake processors only.

Looks like you will need to get a different CPU to get going!

Comment

Re: Newly built PC won't boot

Thank you so much! So if I buy one that's compatible everything will be fine? Like the fans jittering and such?

Comment

Working...
      X