H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7

I have the H97M Pro4 motherboard in a desktop setup with Win7 in a hybrid drive and Win10 in an mSATA SSD in a PCIe card. Every once in a while, hours after I shut down Win7, my machine mysteriously activates and boots up. It has not happened after a Win10 shutdown.

I also noticed that, after shutting down in Win7, my RJ45 jack in the back of my motherboard still blinks, as if it were still trying to send or receive transmission. The same on my DSL modem. This does not happen when I shut down my machine in Win10.

Could it be that I had a problem upon installing Win7 to begin with, or is there a problem with my setup? Or could it be that the problem is in my UEFI? Or could it be that the Asmedia 106x SATA Controller (which allows Win7 to access my Win10 setup) is interfering with my machine's shutdown/idle state, automatically triggering an activation? Should I reset my UEFI to the default, and see what happens?
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 05-06-2016, 02:55 PM.

Re: H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7

I noticed, in my UEFI, there is an item called RTC Alarm Power On, with the default setting By OS. Am I to assume that there is an alarm in Win7 that can be set to turn the machine on at a specific time or under certain circumstances? And could it be that I may have unknowingly set this alarm for this machine to suddenly boot up without hitting any button or any other device?

Comment

Working...
    X