Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes

Hello everybody,

I've got a problem with my Asus S300CA I'm hoping someone here can help me with.
    A while ago the screen started randomly flickering occasionally which usually went away when moving the screen(i.e. changing the inclination). After a couple of weeks, though, it started getting worse with the screen freezing completely and the development of many colored vertical stripes slowly becoming more pronounced until finally the screen showed a white background covered in these stripes. Again, the screen usually went back to normal by reangling the screen or giving the device a slight tap. Finally, though, this didnt help for long anymore either at which point I opened the thing up. I was sometimes able to restore the picture by wiggling the cable connecting the screen to the motherboard which made me sure the reason must be a fray in the cable. I bought a replacement cable being absolutely sure that this would solve the problem. However, upon installation nothing has changed and the screen almost alwas remains showing the white stripey background as described above. I'm not really sure what to do anymore.
    Importantly also, everything works fine when connecting the laptop to an external screen.
    I've read of several reports of people having similar problems but the suggested remedies are always just to readjust the position of the cable which isnt working for me anymore. Hope someone knows some advice. Thanks in advance!
Working...
X