Problem entering bios on new build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem entering bios on new build

Put together my new build on an x99 mobo and when I turn it on everything seems to work fine. Fans all turn on on cooler, graphics cards, and case. Although the fans on one of my gpus does stop after a short amount of time but I read somewhere this is normal for gpus under no load. When the mobo is going through q codes on startup it takes longer than I would expect but I am fairly new to building so I'm not certain. Anyway, the actual problem I have is that after running through the q codes and the asus screen shows up on my monitor it still won't let me enter bios by pressing delete or f2. My keyboard works during this time because I can use ctrl+alt+delete and restart the pc while this is on screen. So I don't know why it won't enter bios. After about 30 seconds of the asus screen it changes to a black screen saying something like "bios updating do not shut down or restart pc." I've tried flashing bios and clearing cmos but this second bios updating screen always appears after it won't let me in bios. Any ideas? I've found 1 story online where someone had a similar situation and they rma'd the board. Which I've gotta do what I've gotta do but I'd rather not wait 2 more weeks for my pc. Any help is very much appreciated.

Re: Problem entering bios on new build

Update: Rma'd the board and the new one works like a charm. Still curious what caused that problem though if anyone knows.

Comment

Working...
    X