No announcement yet.

Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - Both BIOS And System Informaiton Viewer - Smart Fan Advanced Software, Do NOT Control Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - Both BIOS And System Informaiton Viewer - Smart Fan Advanced Software, Do NOT Control Fans

Hello,

Problem 1 is the Gigabyte App Control Center - System Information Viewer (SIV) - Smart Fan Advanced, does not control fans properly.
    Problem 2 is the UEFI/BIOS does not properly control fan speed either.

The question is how to properly control fan speed for variable CPU load.
    For system configuration details please see the end of this message.
    **** Just to be clear: ALL DRIVERS, APPS and BIOS ARE THE MOST CURRENT VERSION. ****

Fans are configured:
    A) Water Cooler pump is connected to CPU fan header.
    B) Radiator fans, 120mm x 2, are connected to CPU OPT fan header with PWM 1 by 2 splitter cable.
    C) Rear exhaust fan, 120 x 1, is connect to SYSTEM FAN 1 header directly.
    D) Front intake fans, 120 x 2, are connected to SYSTEM FAN 2 header with PWM 1 by 2 splitter cable.

In SIV - Smart Fan Advanced:
    a) Water Cooler Pump is set to maximum speed - NO problem
    b) Radiator Fans are set to a Temperature/Speed Curve - NO problem
    c) Rear exhaust fan is set to a Temperature/Speed Curve - PROBLEM
    The minimum speed is set to 40% and only spins at that speed it does not increase under load as it should.
    It does not increase even when the CPU Temperature is at 70 deg. C and the radiator fans are correctly at max speed.
    d) Front intake fans are set to a Temperature/Speed Curve - PROBLEM
    The minimum speed is set to 36% and they only spin at that speed. They do not increase under load as they should.
    They do not increase even when the CPU Temperature is at 70 deg. C and the radiator fans are correctly at max speed.

I have set BIOS to respond to Fan Speed/Temperature. This does not work either, for the system fans as above.

What is the problem with fan control and how to solve it?

Thanks,
    mdd

CPU - Intel I7-6700K - OC to 4.5 GHz
    Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - BIOS F8l
    Memory - G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) (F4-3200C14D-32GVK)
    Graphics - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 Pcie
    O/S SSD - Samsung 950 PRO Series 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2
    Data HDD - Seagate 4TB SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drive) SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache (ST4000DX001)
    ODD - Pioneer Blu-Ray Writer (BDR-2209)
    Liquid Cooler - Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240-BS)
    Thermal Compound - Cooler Master ThermalFusion 400 High Performance (4G RG-TF4-TGU1-GP)
    PSU - CORSAIR HXi HX1000i 1000W Platinum Certified, Full Modular (CP-9020074-NA)
    Chassis - Cooler Master Silencio 652S - Silent Mid Tower (SIL-652-KKN2)
    O/S - Win10 Pro x64
    Last edited by michaeldowns; 05-31-2016, 09:13 PM.

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - Both BIOS And System Information Viewer - Smart Fan Advanced Software, Do NOT Control Fans

I can't help you but I have a different issue with a similar configuration.

Water pump on CPU FAN works ok
    Radiators fans on CPU OPT works ok

I have other 2 voltage controlled fans (3 cables with no PWM) on connectors 2 and 3. The fans on connectors 2 and 3 are identical (same model and same configuration on SIV). After calibration they works at the same speed and changes their speed with temp in the same way. But after every PC shutdown or restart the fan attached on fan 3 connector works at a fixed speed until a new calibration procedure.
    Last edited by Sandokan71; 06-16-2016, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X