No announcement yet.

Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.

Hi,I've been drooling over the DK-04 for some time now and after some recent communications with the Lian Li support via email I have a plan to get the DK-04 when it comes in stock next month on the 10th. I recently purchased a new system (Link from the ebay post: EVGA Classified SR2 Xeon 6 Core 3 46GHz SSD 40GB ECC GTX 580 Supernova 1500 | eBay) and am planning on moving this to the DK-04 if it is compatible. The obvious concern being the size of the motherboard, as it is of the HPTX form factor. (HPTX image: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/a...d=1283296050)I just want to make sure that this will fit by itself and then find if it will support water cooling. If I run out of space for the radiators inside I have a backup plan to get a car radiator and mount it to the backside of the unit. Are there any images available of the interior of the case aside from the Lian Li website or recent conventions so I can get a feel for the room I'll have to work with? If possible I'd like to put the HPTX board, 2 full sized GPUs, 2-4 HDDs, 4 SSDs, a liquid cooling ring, and maybe a few small things like the NZXT Hue+

Re: Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.

@ Lian Li,I also would like to know if there's an option to opt out of the tempered glass top for an acrylic top or something that is less likely to shatter into a million pieces and drop my monitors, keyboard, mouse and whatever else is on my desk onto my computer hardware.

Comment

Re: Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.

You'll find some pictures of the interior and motherboard plate here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1065312...t=embedwebsite

Sounds to me like everything you're trying to put into the build will work fine!

Comment

Working...
      X