C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds

Didn't want to hijack the other thread since it's a slight different issue, but I'm having similar no POST problem with my C2750D4i. It was running fine for past year and I shut it down to add a PCIe USB 3.0 card. When I tried to power it back on, the board turns on briefly (2 seconds or so) and then shuts down right away. The system won't turn back on until I completely unplug the power supply and let the board drain residual power. I never get the POST screen. I tried removing the PCIe card, resetting memory, different memory slotcombinations, clear CMOS by removing battery, new psu, nothing helped. Running latest BIOS/BMC version.

Anyone else having similar problems? Is the board dead? Looking at the forums, seems like all of the boards are having similar issues all around the same time. I can still get to the BMC/IPMI gui so I know at least part of the board still works and is getting power.

Thanks

Re: C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds

Originally posted by asrockDave View Post
    Didn't want to hijack the other thread since it's a slight different issue, but I'm having similar no POST problem with my C2750D4i. It was running fine for past year and I shut it down to add a PCIe USB 3.0 card. When I tried to power it back on, the board turns on briefly (2 seconds or so) and then shuts down right away. The system won't turn back on until I completely unplug the power supply and let the board drain residual power. I never get the POST screen. I tried removing the PCIe card, resetting memory, different memory slotcombinations, clear CMOS by removing battery, new psu, nothing helped. Running latest BIOS/BMC version.

Anyone else having similar problems? Is the board dead? Looking at the forums, seems like all of the boards are having similar issues all around the same time. I can still get to the BMC/IPMI gui so I know at least part of the board still works and is getting power.

Thanks
    I had a similar problem. A day before the total breakdown, the board started crashing after ~10-30min of uptime.

I've now returned the board to the shop for warranty.

Comment

Working...
    X