Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asrock z97 extreme4 issue

Hey guys,

I believe I have a bad mobo on my hands. I figured I would ask you guys to make sure it's bad before I submit the RMA. Today when I got home from work I tried turning my pc on. Nothing loaded up on the monitor but everything seemed to be running (hdd, pc lights, etc). After closer inspection in the case, the mobo wasn't starting up. What's weird is the power button on the mobo still seemed to turn on the computer. I also checked the graphics card to see if that was having issues. The fans still run when on but no life other then that. I plugged in my vga monitor directly into the mobo with no luck. At this point, I'm out of ideas.

Can anyone assist with this issue? I'd be happy to hear your opinions.

Bonus: here's a video of it starting up. https://vid.me/1tHy Thanks!

Re: asrock z97 extreme4 issue

Originally posted by joker231 View Post
    [...] After closer inspection in the case, the mobo wasn't starting up. What's weird is the power button on the mobo still seemed to turn on the computer. [...]
    From "mobo wasn't starting up" you mean cpu fan not working?

"the power button on the mobo still seemed to turn on the computer": This is also ambiguous for me!

Comment

Re: asrock z97 extreme4 issue

Originally posted by joker231 View Post
      Hey guys,

I believe I have a bad mobo on my hands. I figured I would ask you guys to make sure it's bad before I submit the RMA. Today when I got home from work I tried turning my pc on. Nothing loaded up on the monitor but everything seemed to be running (hdd, pc lights, etc). After closer inspection in the case, the mobo wasn't starting up. What's weird is the power button on the mobo still seemed to turn on the computer. I also checked the graphics card to see if that was having issues. The fans still run when on but no life other then that. I plugged in my vga monitor directly into the mobo with no luck. At this point, I'm out of ideas.

Can anyone assist with this issue? I'd be happy to hear your opinions.

Bonus: here's a video of it starting up. https://vid.me/1tHy Thanks!

Dear joker231,

Thanks for you inquiry, we provide some suggestion for verify:
      (1)Please kindly refer user manual page 20, remove power core and use jumper to clear CMOS for try.http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/...20Extreme4.pdf
      (2)Please kindly reinstall memory for verify or test memory on the other slot for verify.
      (3)Remove CPU and check whether CPU socket pin bent or not.
      (4)Remove other device and test with basic device environment(CPU,only one memory stick , power supply) to verify.

If problem still remains, due to warranty policy and RMA service are different by countries,it's handled by local distributor.
      For your case we suggest contact local distributor for further physical check.
      ASRock > Where to buy

Thanks for your reply.

ASRock TSD
      Eddy

Comment

Working...
      X