Really hot idle temps on X99 Extreme 4/3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really hot idle temps on X99 Extreme 4/3.1

CPU is a 5820K, and I actually have 2 to test with and it seems to happen with both.

I'm running stock bios settings, only change is bumping the cpu fan to full speed, and turning raid on.

I'm getting a 40c+ idle temp even when the voltage drops to 0.725.

I've got a corsair H100i GTX and I've been through remounting it a couple times. I had it working correctly at one point yesterday, but then in an attempt to over clock it I must have tripped some setting in bios that isn't properly resetting.

I was testing last night with beta bios 3.3, but when I couldn't solve the temp issue I rolled back to 3.2.

Re: Really hot idle temps on X99 Extreme 4/3.1

I never did like the mounting system on the H100i GTX Corsair say they designed it so the back plate has some movement, personally I don't like that, I see on youtube some people have put rubber washers on the backplate first and have much better cooling, I do like the close loop system but still stick with my Noctua D15, seen too many horror stories of leaking systems, So I would say 40 on Idle is a little hot but not uncommon with that cpu but the mounting of the H100i is the main problem.
    Hope you can get it better fitted

Comment

lga2011 has its own bracket thats super stable.

Comment

oh I see so that's not the problem then, How's the bios settings now are they back to normal yet?

Comment

Working...
        X