Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX

Heya,
    so, I'm working on a new build with the X99 Designare and a 6850k. So far I'm loving it. But I'm having a lot of trouble finding relevant information about setting up a raid array between the two u.2 ports.

I have a pair of 5TB Toshiba conventional SATA drives which the BIOS immediately recognized and allowed me to setup in raid0 using the lovely EZ RAID setup.

I also have two Intel 750's of the 1.2TB, 2.5 inch, u.2 variety which the BIOS recognises without issue, but which i can't seem to find a way to RAID them in the BIOS. Neither of the two ways to setup a RAID via this BIOS even show them as an option. But I believe I need to get it done via BIOS because I want them in bootable RAID0 so i can install Windows 10 and use them as my c: drive.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks for your time.

Re: Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX

https://communities.intel.com/thread/105766
    Hello Je-Tze,

We understand you would like to setup a RAID 0 in your system using the U.2 version of our IntelĀ® SSD 750 Series.
    We would like to let you know that in regards the IntelĀ® X99 chipset, this does not allow RAID configuration with NVMe* drives, this because the drives are mapped to the CPU.
    You may want to double check with Gigabyte about this, since it may vary between motherboards.

Now, for you to do a RAID with NVMe* SSDs, you need the drives to be mapped to the chipset or to a storage controller that supports the feature.

Linked above is the thread with the official answer from the Intel SSD support forum. I still have a support ticket in at Gigabyte, so maybe it'll turn out they have some kind of work-around, but it's not looking good.

Thanks again to anyone who spent time trying to figure this out.

Comment

Working...
    X