No announcement yet.

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......

Had a recent lightning strike. About a week later, my son's MSI Z77 Mpower w/ i7-3770K motherboard system shutdown during a gaming session. I built this system and it has work great for 4 years up to now. When booting, the system would come up and say "OC issue, resetting BIOS to default settings. Hit F1 to enter setup or F2 to continue." and lock up. It would never accept input. We never overclock so this did not make any sense. Sometimes on booting, it would randomly stop somewhere in the boot, never completing. System was very dusty. Corsair H60 was full of dust. (maybe overheated processor) Motherboard or processor????

Purchased a ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, installed processor, did the same thing, randomly stopped somewhere during the posting process. 69, 72? Once it did display same "OC issue, resetting BIOS to default settings. Hit F1 to enter setup or F2 to continue." What the heck??? Tried ordering another ASRock Z77 Extreme 4. It still randomly stops during post, 69, 72, dE??? This is with the board on the box, two memory chips, that's it.

Please help. My son is off to college in 3 weeks, need to figure this out !!!! Is it the processor? Already tried another power supply from another system. Still the same issue.

Setup:
    ASRock Z77 Extreme
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL90
    i7-3770K processor
    Roswell Captstone 750 power supply

Thanks

Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......

Originally posted by rmsowell View Post
    Had a recent lightning strike. About a week later, my son's MSI Z77 Mpower w/ i7-3770K motherboard system shutdown during a gaming session. I built this system and it has work great for 4 years up to now. When booting, the system would come up and say "OC issue, resetting BIOS to default settings. Hit F1 to enter setup or F2 to continue." and lock up. It would never accept input. We never overclock so this did not make any sense. Sometimes on booting, it would randomly stop somewhere in the boot, never completing. System was very dusty. Corsair H60 was full of dust. (maybe overheated processor) Motherboard or processor????

Purchased a ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, installed processor, did the same thing, randomly stopped somewhere during the posting process. 69, 72? Once it did display same "OC issue, resetting BIOS to default settings. Hit F1 to enter setup or F2 to continue." What the heck??? Tried ordering another ASRock Z77 Extreme 4. It still randomly stops during post, 69, 72, dE??? This is with the board on the box, two memory chips, that's it.

Please help. My son is off to college in 3 weeks, need to figure this out !!!! Is it the processor? Already tried another power supply from another system. Still the same issue.

Setup:
    ASRock Z77 Extreme
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL90
    i7-3770K processor
    Roswell Captstone 750 power supply

Thanks

Dear rmsowell,

We provide few suggestion for verify:

(1)Please kindly refer user manual page 35 remove power core and use jumper to clear CMOS for try.
    http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/...20Extreme4.pdf
    (2)Remove CPU and check whether CPU socket pin bent or not.
    (3)Please kindly test wit another CPU DRAM and power supply to verify.
    (4)Test with basic device environment (CPU, only one memory, onboard VGA to display, power supply)to verify.

If it is possible, please kindly share some snapshoot about the OC issue picture for us to verify

ASRock TSD
    Eddy.

Comment

Working...
    X