ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again

In early 2015, I built a FreeNAS box using a ASRock C2550D4I motherboard. It worked great until July of this year, when it suddenly refused to boot. ASRock RMA'd it and the new board has worked fine... until today. I got home from work, and I could hear a fan inside the case tapping against a small wire that had become dislodged from its out-of-the-way position. Easy, fix, I thought.

I powered down the machine, unplugged the power, opened it up, and tucked the wire away from the fan. Didn't even touch the motherboard or any of the components inside. Then I closed it back up, plugged in the power, and... nothing. The fans don't turn on, even briefly. The power button does absolutely nothing. IPMI is working, but on the "Power Control and Status" page, it says "Host is currently off." When I try to perform the "Power on server" action, it just fails without giving me a clue why.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here? I greatly appreciate it.

Re: ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again

I'm a +1 - almost exactly the same. FreeNAS build. Previously RMA. Shut down Sunday to blow the dust out of the case, and won't power back up. No fans. Steady green led on the mobo, and blinking green for impi - which is still accessible.

Searching, I discovered the Intel chipset issue that affected this mobo. The question is, is there any recourse even though I'm out of warranty?

Comment

Re: ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again

You probably don't have much recourse. I ended up RMAing my board (which was still under warranty), and then the same thing eventually happened to the replacement board ASRock sent to me. Fortunately, that was also within the warranty period, so I got another replacement board. That one's been holding on since, but the whole experience has definitely soured me on ASRock products.

Comment

Working...
      X