Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue

Hi all

Hoping for some help with an annoying issue with my new system.

It's a watercooled system. I have the water pump connected to CPU FAN, then I have my 4 Corsair HD120 RGB fans connected to the SYS FAN 1,2 and 3 and CPU OPT headers.

Using System Information Viewer I can setup custom curves for all the fans and the water pump and these work as they should. But when I restart the system even though SIV is running it doesn't apply the fan settings until I manually go in an click apply on all the fans and the pump.

The other problem is that none of the fans show up in Speedfan and in HWMonitor they show up but not as PWM.

Is there a BIOS setting I need to alter to get the system to show them as PWM fans?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue

Originally posted by gbh4 View Post
    Hi all

Hoping for some help with an annoying issue with my new system.

It's a watercooled system. I have the water pump connected to CPU FAN, then I have my 4 Corsair HD120 RGB fans connected to the SYS FAN 1,2 and 3 and CPU OPT headers.

Using System Information Viewer I can setup custom curves for all the fans and the water pump and these work as they should. But when I restart the system even though SIV is running it doesn't apply the fan settings until I manually go in an click apply on all the fans and the pump.

The other problem is that none of the fans show up in Speedfan and in HWMonitor they show up but not as PWM.

Is there a BIOS setting I need to alter to get the system to show them as PWM fans?

Thanks for any help.
    Just as an update to this. I have now got SIV to start with Windows so my fan settings are saved correctly.
    But I still have the issue of Speedfan detecting no fans or much of anything.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X