Which Monitor is better for gaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Monitor is better for gaming?

I was wondering if someone could give me a quick explanation of the differences between CRT and LCD. I heard CRT was still better for gaming. But I would like to have facts to back that up.

Well Ive heard a lot of things about LCDs that kinda turn me off from them aside from the price.
    Main thing is the dead pixel thing.
    Also what you mentioned, bad performance or ghosting in games, especially at high FPS.
    It does happen, although the newest ones tend to do better.
    I beleive tom's hardware had a review of them recently.

Comment

LCD displays are getting better than ever, but I still prefer the good old CRT for gaming. Ghosting is almost a thing of the past anymore with modern LCD displays, but make sure to get an actual digital display. There are some out there that cost a good deal less but are actually LCD on an analog signal. The end result is a picture that loses all of the crispness you have come to expect from your monitor.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

I use both LCD and CRT displays and the only reason I had LCD monitors for 2 of the 3 systems I have in my home is becuase I wanted to be space conservative. Now that I moved and have plenty of space I'm getting rid of the LCD screens and going CRT all the way becuase video games are a primary use of my systems. CRT is much better in my opinion, although like Darthtanion says LCD is getting better but most of them support very low resolutions at extremly low refresh rates, it'll make the video games you are playing less likable (TRUST ME ON THIS). Although there might be some LCD displays out there that support higher setting and look very good as long as you are sitting almost directly in front of them with the brightness cranked up abit, I think you would be looking at spending a small fortune ($800 (US) and up) to get 19" LCD display just to be close to the quality veiw of a good 19" CRT display in the range of $250-$300 (US).
        If space conservation isn't a big issue in your home then CRT is definitly the way to go unless you really like the way a laptop screen looks.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I figured the old CRTs were still the way to go.

Comment

anyways, how much space are you really saving? 4 sq. ft.? Even CRT monitors are getting smaller and smaller in the back now, so its all good :thumb: . : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Since I run 2 monitors, I also find that they create quite a lot of heat. That in addition to few PCs crunching make my room quite toasty at times. So thats a plus for the LCD is that they run a lot cooler.:thumb:

Comment

Working...
              X