can't seem to get fsb to 250 with my new 2.6c and PC4000 ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't seem to get fsb to 250 with my new 2.6c and PC4000 ram

so i can't seem to get fsb above 233 with my new 2.6c, OCZ PC4000 and ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe. here's the scenario:

(without agressive timings) i've elevated the voltage for both the ram and the cpu, but no matter what i do when i bring the FSB above 233 either it won't boot or i get errors in memtest.

i've burned the system in at 233 without problems... but the whole reason i got the PC4000 ram was to run a 1ghz front side bus.

anyone have something for me to try? -s

Check your PCI/AGP divider

Comment

There is no garrantee that you will be able to do it. Some processors just OC better then others, so its really just the luck of the draw. Even if someone else has done it with the exact same setup, doesnt mean you can do it. But it doesnt mean you cant keep trying!

Comment

Yeah I have a 2.4B here that most others will get around 3GHz out of but mine refuses to go past 2.71GHz no matter how much voltage I throw at it (ya have increased the core voltage havn't ya?) and do be sure that ya have the AGP/PCI buses locked at 66/33MHz.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
          (ya have increased the core voltage havn't ya?)
          i've elevated the voltage for both the ram and the cpu,
          So I'd say he has ;)
          :cheers:

Comment

got a reply back from an OCZ tech with some configuration tips. since the OCZ PC4000 ram is supposed to run at least 250 fsb... if i can't get it up there they'll replace it or something. hopefully it isn't the cpu (though that's still under 15 day warranty) btw here's what he sent:

Could you try the following settings and see if they work for you? If not, please try one module at a time and find out if one module is causing problem. Please update us as soon as you are done with your testing.

AI Settings: Manual
            CPU External Frequency: 250
            DRAM frequency: DDR400 (1:1 ratio to set actual memory frequency to
            DDR500 based on CPU frequency)
            AGP/PCI frequency: 66/33
            CPU VCore voltage: 1.675
            DDR reference Voltage: 2.75
            Performance Mode: Auto

Configure DRAM timing by SPD: disable
            CAS latency: 3
            DRAM RAS precharge: 4
            DRAM RAS# to CAS# delay: 4
            DRAM precharge delay: 8
            DRAM burst length: 8

Comment

took the cpu/mb/ram to a friends house who has his p4 2.4c clocked up to 3.2ghz. swapped the ram around and had no problems. swapped the cpus and *poof* couldn't go above 3.06ghz again. so it's unfortunately obvious now that i got a bad luck cpu that doesn't want to oc. damn. maybe i can ebay it, lose $20, and try again. oh well. anyone wanna trade? :P

Comment

well, nice try anyways. The 2.4C's are usually better O/c'ers than the 2.6's, so you might wanna try a 2.4 :shrug: . : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Working...
                X