Damn computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn computer

I'm gettin this error right after my bios screen wit shows all my hardware like cpu,ide drives and ram next screen i seen on bottom left this error*NTLDR is missing* press ctrl alt delete to restart lol over and over agian anyone any ideas.

I even tried puttin in windows xp cd to repair like cd rw wouldn't read

How to i get into safe mode .

Originally posted by Roger20r
    I'm gettin this error right after my bios screen wit shows all my hardware like cpu,ide drives and ram next screen i seen on bottom left this error*NTLDR is missing* press ctrl alt delete to restart lol over and over agian anyone any ideas.

I even tried puttin in windows xp cd to repair like cd rw wouldn't read

How to i get into safe mode .
    press F8 when booting

booting to the windows CD should work, try disabling all other bootdevices in the BIOS :)

Comment

thx ima try it

Comment

f8 didn't get me 2 safe mode screen and i got windows xp cd in usually gives things press a key to boot from disc but nope

I did notice one thing sayin this primary master disc Hdd S.M.A.R.T capability disbabled whats that mean.

When should i start to press f8 lol i do soon as screen turns on lol

Still sayin *NTLDR is missing* press ctrl alt delete to restart.Anyone know what the error means.

Comment

That error can be had either if your boot order is wrong, or your OS is hosed im afraid...

Comment

I cannot even use my xp disc to repair it.

Comment

You have to do a full format and reinstall. I have that happened to me plenty of times before.. And the only way to fix it is to resintall.

Comment

I would if i could it doesn't pick up my xp cd . it stops after bios and information screen the next one says error and ctrl alt delete to restart

Comment

I would if i could it doesn't pick up my xp cd . it stops after bios and information screen the next one says error and ctrl alt delete to restart
                  if you got another CD/DVD player...try putting the CD in that one
                  and did you disabled all other devices in the BIOS?

Comment

How to fix the NTLDR is missing error that occur when booting a Microsoft Windows computer.
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Is the boot order in your BIOS correct?

CD ROM before HDD?

Comment

Umm my pri mary i think is hd not sure but i got this file don't know where to put it i salved my hd wit prob into my old rig and i got file and don't know where to put it. *NTLDR where does it exactly go.

Can u repair a had windows install over sLave

Comment

. *NTLDR where does it exactly go.

How to fix the NTLDR is missing error that occur when booting a Microsoft Windows computer.
                          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Well after i salved prob drive into old rig i decided to formatte it and well it went ok tell i put hd in rig on my sig lol and was hopin for a reffse install but nope same error agian.

Comment

XP (and all other versions of Windows) must be installed on the hardware that its goin' to be used on (especially the motherboard) otherwise it'll just cough up a furball on ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X