GA-8SIML onboard LAN disabling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-8SIML onboard LAN disabling

Does anyone out there know if the subject motherboard can have multiple LAN cards (NIC) installed. I have tried everything including disabling the onboard LAN in BIOS and still no luck. This is the case in Win NT 4, Win 2000 and WIn XP Pro. Basically, only one NIC can connect even though they are correctly installed.

I thought there might be a jumper setting on the motherboard to disable onboard LAN but the do's are so limited it is not funny.

Appreciate any ideas/suggestions.

The intergrated nic can be disabled in the BIOS but two nic's should be ok in it so long as they don't share IRQ's. What's wrong with the outboard nic anyway? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thank you for your response. There is nothing wrong with the onboard LAN it is just a case of needing at 2 LAN points on the PC. Whether it is the onboard LAN plus a NIC or 2 NIC's it is OK.

The NIC has no means of setting the IRQ and there is no conflict in Control Panel. Win2K and XP Pro will not allow changing of IRQ's. Further, I have an earlier Gigabyte board with a P733 and no onboard LAN and that is running 3 NIC's on the same IRQ (9).

Comment

I am just curious, what do you use 3 NIC's for?

Comment

Working...
        X