Pc wont startup until second boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc wont startup until second boot

Here's basically wat happens... I come home from work and turn the computer on and the monitor doesnt come on usb mouse doesnt light up and no hdd activity.

Then i hold the power button in and switch it off then turn it on again straight away and it boots normally without any hassles.

specs are.
    AMD xp1800+
    epox 8kha
    256 DDR 2100
    40gig seagate 7,200
    geforce4 ti4400 leadtek

any help would be great because its about time i sold it and and made another one but i can sell it like this..

thanx leigh
    :cry:

Are you certain that it was actually off or do you turn your monitor off before windows has completely shut down and possibly it has hung on shut down?

Comment

Tried a new CMOS - could cause a POST problem?
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

nope the system is definatly shut right off no fans are running no power light on the front of the machine sometimes i dont turn the monitor off when i shut the pc down for the night. Its just not starting up the first time i turn it on....the second time i start it up it goes fine......

i always leave the monitor on until the pc has shut itself off properly..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
          Tried a new CMOS - could cause a POST problem?

ive given the bios an update to the latest.. Didnt help it unfortunately..

Comment

I have had a few machines do this, it was caused by the power supply, when i replaced it the problem went away.

Comment

righto ill take one home from work and give that a shot in it..

Comment

i've had the same prob - yeah birdman - the PSU, i found that some was moreso a higher-rated PSU was needed rather than just a new one, (we are talking going from a140W PSU to a 300W) :D

so thats just another possibility

Comment

im running a 350watt one at the moment ill give another one a shot tho..

Comment

Working...
                  X