Opinion of new Det Drivers (40.52)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion of new Det Drivers (40.52)

Just wondering what people think of the new Det Drivers (40.52). I had a bit of trouble with the previous 40.xx release, and was wondering whether these new ones were worth upgrading from the 30.82s... I don't just want a 3DMark score either, some comments on performance would be nice. :)

Not happy - Stuffed up HL and allowed me to see-through walls.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

BEEFY, at the same level of overclocking the 40.52's are about 100 points faster for me than the 40.41's and seem to allow higher overclocks without artifacts. I haven't had time to test that thoroughly and have not tried any games with the 40.52's yet.

Comment

Not happy - Stuffed up HL and allowed me to see-through walls.
        Hmmmm so u are the guys that run round corners nailing me hehe :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
          I don't just want a 3DMark score either, some comments on performance would be nice. :)
          :) I'd seen the 3dmark result increase, but it still managed to worsen game performance.. So 3DMark scores don't mean as much to me now as they used to... That's why I didn't want scores.

Comment

Well, there's newer drivers out already.. :rolleyes2 any one tried these yet?

Comment

Yes, same problems...
              Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

http://download1.nvidia.com/Windows/...71_win2kxp.exe - for those wanting a link:D

Comment

I just install, yesterday, 40.52 drivers for winxp, and no problems at all. I think they r better than 40.41. With these new drivers i donĀ“t have my menus flashing , and i think they r much faster .

Oh, when u uninstall those drivers did u run a program , detonator 40.41 fix?
                  If not go to guru 3d and search for that program. It uninstall drivers on the windows system that they r not uninstalled.

Comment

Working...
                  X