o/c my video card HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o/c my video card HELP

Hey, Ive decided to do some overclocking to my msi GeForce 4 ti4200 focusing on the memory since its default clock is lower than normal, So i went out and bought some 20x10 heat sinks for each module of ram, now before I did all this I did a baseline 3dmark and I got 9890, 10200 then i slightly o/c my video card 265/470 and hit 1100's. Now after geting the heat sinks i used some artic silver and put it on the heat sinks, then put it on the memory (I have only done one side of the card so far) then I put my card back in and fired up 3dmark I decided to get a crack for it (dont know why) and then my first bench mark without o/c at all was 8329 i was like what the heck, so i ran it a few more times geting the same numbers, then I over clocked 275/560 and I only got low 9000's what the hell did i do? This is the first time ive ever put heat sinks on something so I thought maybe I did it wrong, but the heat sinks are pretty warm and the memory is a bit cooler so what is going on??!?! IS it because of the crack maybe? or something else in my system?
    Thank you in the future,
    Dennis
    my view on the two party system...
Working...
X