Slight problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight problem...

Okay before ya harp on me about messing with crap I shouldn't have, there was a reason but it didn't work, so I wanna switch it back :)

I accidentily (that's my story and I'm sticking too it) changed the driver under "Computer" in device manager to "MPS Multiprocessor PC" from "ACPI Multiprocessor System" in a dual p3 I got here. Now, when I try to roll back the driver, it tells me there's no driver previous which is kinda amusing but annoying... And I can't update the driver to anything other than "MPS Multirpocessor PC" or "Standard PC" ... Anyone got any suggestions? (Besides a reinstall if at all possible.)

Do you have "System Restore" enabled and if "Yes", did you try to go back to a restore point?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Nah, that machine has a small hard disk on it, and it's near full w/o system restore enabled... w/ it enabled i run outta space just after an XP install :) (yes yes i t needs a larger hard disk I know :))

Comment

Did you uninstall the old driver before installing the new one?
        If so you won't be able to roll back to the old one obvious..

Maybe a reinstall is the only way, hope ya work it out.. :)

:cheers:

Comment

Nope, didn't uninstall it either... There are 44.1kb of "old drivers" that I can clean up... which I havn't done as I'm sure it's in one of there... Not only that, but you can't uninstall whatever is in the "computer" section in device manager, only upgrade driver.

Comment

got sick and tired of it, just reinstalled, and got my ACPI Multiprocessor system back :) Thanks for advice tho.

Comment

heheheheh looks like its hammer time again. I thought I heard a loud thump this morning on my seti radio reciever :hammer: :rofl: .....ahem:shh:

BTW what happend to your system whith the other driver on it? slower??:?: : omg:

Comment

Video, SCSI controller, Ethernet Card (2 of the 3), and there was something else.... weren't using an IRQ... Windows showed them using IRQ 128, 117, 119, 119 and 128 respectively (that last 128 was for the other device I seem to have forgotten at the moment). And people around here occasionally like to push buttons they shouldn't, so machine wouldn't shut down properly. (not to meantion windows took an extra 8 seconds to load).

Comment

hmmmmm windows better not add another 8 seconds on my bootup time;I'll format it... :hammer: :flames:

Comment

Working...
                  X