TweakTown Forums now supported by Tapatalk!

Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows shuts down by itself

Maxpowers is offline Member

ok about a week ago my norton found there was a virus (W32.Spybot.Worm virus) on my computer imidielty after finding the virus i got a new window that has a 59sec countdown timer to shutdown my pc there is some wording around like NT AUTHORITY \SYSTEM- RPC service terminated i cannot take a screen shot because it will not let me for what ever reason... also i noticed that its happening more and more often when i was writing this it happened to me as well.... does any one know of a fix for this im using windows xp

amd_man2005 is offline Senior Member

Maxpowers is offline Member

Thanks for your post but i think every one should apply the patch if they have better site http://corob.net/rpc/ it tells you how to remove the virus as well

amd_man2005 is offline Senior Member

Thx for the link m8. BTW< i noticed the MSBLAST.exe running, and i thought it was a virus. But AVG didnt pick it up :( Course its a brand new virus though. Ive got it all deleted now though :)

asklepios is offline Moderator

worm started spreading on August 11th and AVG released an update on 12th...i won't say that is bad at all ;)
    http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_vir_tt.php#1
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

susithra is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Re: Windows shuts down by itself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowers
    ok about a week ago my norton found there was a virus (W32.Spybot.Worm virus) on my computer imidielty after finding the virus i got a new window that has a 59sec countdown timer to shutdown my pc there is some wording around like NT AUTHORITY \SYSTEM- RPC service terminated i cannot take a screen shot because it will not let me for what ever reason... also i noticed that its happening more and more often when i was writing this it happened to me as well.... does any one know of a fix for this im using windows xp
    i also have the same problem so if any one known how to remove that Virus from the system pls mail to me

Thread Information