Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possibly the Best PC Config Out There!!

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul
    Heh, something I will never understand, but I can get 95% of that system's capability for 2,000$ less.
    :rofl:

Barton stock & P4 stock = 1.83 ghz vs 3 ghz # But for christs sake come on man..

Barton oc & P4 oc = 2.2-2.3 ghz vs 3.8-3.9 ghz # Oh man what were ya thinking..

Ti4600 vs 9800 Pro # Don't even go there.. :rofl:

Btw you may want something better than 2700 if you want to oc the Barton that damn high.. You have to be realistic.. :rolleyes2

There are very few games/programs/etc that you would even be able to see ANY difference, much less 5%. And 250 FPS vs 300 FPS is NOT a noticable difference. I suggest my route for anyone on a budget of any kind.

But see its just wonderful to have people constantly buying on the bleeding edge, so don't let me discourage you in the least. Paying R+D keeps technology coming at full speed.

I have a friend who bought a bleeding edge system and it cost him 3700$ It was this system.

Athlon 700
    512 MB PC100
    (2) 60 GB drives
    Geforce 256
    17" Flat CRT

AND THIS IS STILL His main system. How retarded is that. If He had gotten 90% of that system he could have gotten it for 1000$ and he'd have upgraded to a whole new system for FREE TWICE since then. And he DID get raped by a local computer store, so even at the time the system was only worth MAYBE 2500$
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Well ya ain't got any 250 fps with that system, (vid card) and you can forget any form of high resolution gaming with it also.

If you want to play the newer games over 1280x1024 using AA & AF then the GF4 Ti is way to slow and that I know for a fact cause I run one myself. Infact the AA/AF performance with those cards are rather poor at any resolution.

And don't be so jumpy, $1500-1700 is what I'm gonna spend on my new gamer including a fine crt, latest videocard etc, you must remeber that 1 or 2k isn't the exaktly same thing for other that it is for you, it ca be more or less depending on ya income or how mutch ya work. Cheaper isn't always better ya know, not when it reduces the performance given, that system that you have built won't give me what I want, high resolution gaming with FF/AF this fall so don't start to judge people who wants something that you don't want/need.. :)

Change that vidcard to a high perfomance DX9 one and then we can talk. But hey then the total amount would be way over 1k even without any crt, specially with that dvd burner etc that he listed. Anyway he wasn't on a budget, he was only droolin over the top of line hardware, let him have his fun without beeing so freaked out, as I said, not everyone wants to settle for that rig ya got thats my point..

I agree about AA and AF, no video card is good at these yet. And they just aren't feasable yet. But the system I originally posted with the Ti4600 does get 250 FPS in 1600 X 1200 in Q3 without AA and AF but with all other effects on. By the time you get to this kind of resolution, AA is unecessary because the jaggies are so small.

you must remeber that 1 or 2k isn't the exaktly same thing for other that it is for you, it ca be more or less depending on ya income or how mutch ya work
    Thats just what I was saying. The guy I know with the Athlon 700 system was 17 at the time, and I told him his planned purchase was foolish. But now he has seen my point because he still hasn't been able to afford an upgrade. And by the same token, if you can afford a new system every 6 months, by all means go ahead! :) Its just that most people can't.

And I apologize for seeming 'jumpy' TYPING like this is a bad habit that I should try to stop. I am just trying to stress a key word or phrase so that it isn't missed.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Yep but as ya probably know the people who build those new fast gamingrigs don't do it to play Q3, they do it in order to manage the newer games.

Both 5900 Ultra & 9800 Pro seem to manage AA/AF quite well in high resolution like 1600x1200 32Bit even though I agree this features will probably work mutch better in the near future.

I run a Ti4200 128Mb on a very decent gamer (amd 2100+) and it handle UT2K3 very nice in 1280x1024 everything maxed, but if I turn on AA even just 2x then it starts to slow down to a level which ain't good enough for me without lowering the resolution, my Ti4600 is better but still not fast enough for AA. Then imagine what will happen to my poor cards when loading up HL2 or Doom3.. :(

Hey m8, no need to appologize.. :)

Yes I know, but with so many games being based on the Q3 engine, it is still relevent. In fact, EA has plans to release TWO more MOH:AA add ons for PC...
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Breakthrough
    Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

And with AA and AF aside, I think you will be able to play HL2 just fine. But for D3, you will have to chop your res down to 800 X 600 or so in my estimation to get it smooth and consistant enough to play with your current system.

The thing is that games get so damn ugly if they aren't run with at least 1024x768.

1280 or 1600 32Bit with everything maxed gives the best experience though.. IMO I think it feels better to buy games knowing I can get the best gaming and visual experience out of them. Like for Doom3, theres no way I'm gonna settle for as low as 800x600 and therefore I need a better system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information