Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P4 Power Suply conector's and moding them

I am moding my case and jut bought a perspex case and had a few questions about the power suply.
    1. I am runing a p 4 , what is the aug suply for ,Not the 12v suply that goes to the board but the one
    that looks like an one 1/2 of an old AT board plug ..can i cut the end off and put a molex plug on it to run extra fan's and uv light kits , if so what are the spec's .Like what wire is the 12 v rail and which is the 5 v rail..
    2. Can i do the same with the second flopy conector ,is that on the 5 or 12 v rail.
    3. I have 2 hard drives at the very bottom of my case and have to use a extention plug to conect it,
    is it possoble to add a third daisy chain to the lead plug from the power seply , not directly from the suply but at the end where the cable has a molex then out of that comes another molex also a flopy conector ,can i cut the flopy off and replace it with a molex for the bottom drive instaed of the adapter cable...Forgot to mention the power suply is a 400 watt so it shouldnt have trouble with the extra losd..
    So baisicly can someone tell me what the wire's voltages are for the flopy lead and the augsilery lead (what is the aug plug for anyway) any help would be appreciated .
    Itchy
    System
    Board Gigabyte-8PE667Ultra
    845PE Chipset With ICH4
    C.P.U P4 1.7 Celeron
    RAM 512meg Kingston DDR333
    A.G.P Gforce4 Ti4600 Winfast
    H/Disk 2 x 60gig western Digital
    DVD Aopen DVD 12x
    CD-R Philips CD4401 4x
    OS's Duel Boot
    Win-XP SP1 Office-XP SP2
    Win-ME
    NET A.D.S.L
    I.S.P Telstra Bigpond

What BRAND is your PSU. I have a feeling it is a generic, or a value priced one. .

You would also need to invest in a multimeter to do ANYTHING properly IMHO. Although getto'ing it will work too I am sure. I just don't do that myself.
    Plus we are talking about wattage/voltage, ect. You don't want to go over the recommended wattage per "channel"

Just my :2cents:

Chez
    SFlower/Kingwin TT-201AB-W 3 window 12 bay Black/Gold ~
    Antec 480Blue modded+UV blue sleeved-hshrink from Pc-perfomance
    A7V8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 - 2500+ Barton ~ Aero 7+ OR TT 11 Xaser w/ TT fan tube
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    WD120JB 7200 8mg Cache ~ Maxtor Quantum Fireball 60GB
    Lite-on 48x24x48x16x CDRW-DVD Black ~ Aopen 56x Cdrom Black
    Enermax 3.5" Fan controller A3FATR2 ~ Round UV Blue cables/Silver braid
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

Thankx chezman , The power supply is generic and i will take your advice and leave it alone i just wanted to try neaten the wires up a bit, but i am still querious to what the augsilery plug is for on most p4 power supply's .Tjanks m8
    System
    845PE Chipset With ICH4
    C.P.U P4 1.7 Celeron
    DVD Aopen DVD 12x
    CD-R Philips CD4401 4x
    OS's Duel Boot
    Win-XP SP1 Office-XP SP2
    Win-ME
    NET A.D.S.L
    I.S.P Telstra Bigpond

Some mobo's like dual Athlon ones use them in the same way as the P4 connector.

Thanks wiggo for the info , you to for the help chezman
    System
    845PE Chipset With ICH4
    C.P.U P4 1.7 Celeron
    DVD Aopen DVD 12x
    CD-R Philips CD4401 4x
    OS's Duel Boot
    Win-XP SP1 Office-XP SP2