Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cpu start up problem

Quote Originally Posted by firewolf
    after a little pushing and shoving
    Dude... exactly how much pushing & shoving are we talking about here... like; It easily snapped in after a slight push; pushing and shoving... or like; It wasn't easy but after a couple of hits with a sledge hammer and a couple of nails to keep it positioned it stayed in its' place; pushing and shoving? Cos it sounds like whatever amount of force you've put on the thing is taking its' toll.

ive had my cpu for about almost 6 months now
    and no i didn't hitmy computer ith a hammer :hammer:
    FireWolf

Quote Originally Posted by firewolf
    no i didn't hitmy computer ith a hammer :hammer:
    Lol, I hope not dude. The question wasn't literal btw. I was just asking about the amount of force you had to use to put the thing in, cos in yur initial statement you said you had to do a little pushin and shoving. - I just wanted to know what degree of pushing and shoving.

it's got to be a mobo problem. the power for the fan runs through the motherboard. the fan should turn on with the power switch on, even though the computer doesn't have to post. mayb when you "pushed" you might have bent a capactior or maybe even esd'd the mobo. did you wear a ground strap? test your mouse, keyboard, video card, etc. with another system to see if it works. if it does then it's more than likely a mobo problem.
    Lostprophets-

I've heard all your whining
    All this talk behind my back
    The time is coming
    The time is now for our attack
    A new sun rising
    A new one in your world of black
    Don't try to stop this
    You will break like glass

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Crappy
    it's got to be a mobo problem. the power for the fan runs through the motherboard. the fan should turn on with the power switch on, even though the computer doesn't have to post.
    That's not necessarily correct. None of my fans run through my board for power other than the CPU. All of my case fans are straight off the PSU.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

sweet what type of power supply unit do you have?
    ta ta steve

PSU-420 watts
    all case fans work but just everything else doesn't.
    i tried my old fan which supplied its power from the motherboard and it works
    so most likely i bent or broke something important on my motherboard?
    FireWolf

Yeah most likely. Maybe its time to upgrade the motherboard or is covered under a guarantee? Bit of a bummer really.

ta ta

From personal experience it could be 1of3 things.
    1. CPU is hot (someone pulled out the CPU fan plug after I plugged it in, I swear! :o ) easy fix, let it cool down for an hour and try again.
    2. CPU is dead. mobo good.
    This is easy, if you got a spare chip that you can test the mobo with.
    3. Mobo is dead. Sux, but ah well.
    Or combo of 3and2. mobo killed CPU.

But you better hope that you got good dealers that are willing to exchange the stuff you bought.

There is another option, which is the video card. If possible, try it in another computer. If that is not possible, return it and have the supplier verify if it's good or not. Resetting the CMOS may have been the culprit or some other stray electrical surge. (Static electrical discharge.)

Obviously the CPU cooler fan is connected properly to the mobo or else the whole thing would shut down.
    :-(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information