Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cpu start up problem

i had just bought a new cpu fan, aero 7 lite for my barton 2500+ on a A78NX. after a little pushing and shoving but no damage i put it on. i connected everything back and when i tried starting up my monitor doesn't get a signal. so i try reseting my cmos still no activity... any sugestions
    thx
    FireWolf

check that the video card didn't get a little loose duruing your activites. just make sure that it is completely seated in the slot
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

graphics card is securly fit in the agp slot, monitor cable also secure... anychance i might have damage the mobo? i don't think i did...
    FireWolf

Well, have you tried your monitor with another computer? Make sure that works.

Ok... i forgot to mention my keyboard and mouse doen't turn on either, so does that mean i need a new motherboard... or did i forget to plug something? cause i rechecked several times and everything seems to be in place
    FireWolf

Okay so when you switch your computer on does the Power Supply Box work? Do the fans start spinning.

Can you try mounting the old fan again? I know this is unlikely to be the cause of the problem but you never know.

What did you connect the heatsink too, to power it? Check over your power leads and connectors to the mother boards to make sure you have the right leads going to the right connectors.

Hope some of that helps.

ok... powersupply working fine, i think, all fans are go including case fans but no hardware activity...
    i tried switching it back to the old fan but still nothing...
    is it a cpu problem or a mobo prob?
    FireWolf

cd drive opens/closes
    mouse and keyboard no lights
    theres a green light that is constantly on... im not sure what it is cause i lost the hand book that came with the motherboard.
    power lead and conductors are all in a bit of a tangle but all put in correctly
    and tried different monitors and still problems
    FireWolf

Jeeze, I can't believe just changing your fan has screwed up your computer so much. The green light means there is power going to the motherboard, me thinks. It should stay on all the time or maybe thats the yellow light. So we got power coming to your mother board but hmmm maybe the extra power needed to power the fan has blown a conductor(or whatever they are called) within the motherboard - then again if this had happened the older fan should work. I don't want to say it incase it isn't but through the process of illimination it sounds like theres a problem with your motherboard. How long have you had it for now?

ta ta

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information